Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Mortgaging Options

• 02-02-2017 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Not sure if this is the correct place but I've done a search and most mortgage related topics seem to be here.

Does anyone have any experience with re-mortgaging investment or buy to let properties ?

I have a property with 145k of a 15 years remaining mortgage with KBC @ 5.15%

I have seen a similar property advertised for 235k on Daft (personally I'd be surprised if they realised that much but it's the best current comparator I can find)

At those figures you're looking at circa 62% LTV. Does anyone think I could get a more favorable Interest Rate and if so do you think it would be worth it after the legal fees etc. ? (I presume you cannot avail of offers to pay legal fees etc. for buy to let properties)

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts on the matter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

are you able to switch your mortgage to some other bank i wonder?? maybe give the switcher team at aib and ulster bank a call and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Thanks, spoke with a few people on Friday.

Advertisement