Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Cafe red card appeal

Options
  • 02-02-2017 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi there, I began a thread in the Politics Cafe and received a red card for a "uncivil and crude" post. The post in question refers to me stating that Milo Yiannopolous has gay sex with black men, and the wording of the post.

To me, the red card was seriously harsh. Was the post crude? Probably, yeah. Was it uncivil? I don't think so. I wasn't being uncivil to anyone, I was agreeing with a point another poster had said. And crude as it may have been, my post was tongue in cheek, and meant to characterise the way in which Milo himself talks about his sexual escapades with black men.

Throughout the thread while I was posting I was civil towards everyone. My reported post wasn't made with the intention of poking fun or being a dick.

I've explained all of this to the mod in question but after replying to my first message he hasn't replied to me since. I think if anything, it's a yellow card offense. The red card was a bit too much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rarariot

tumblr_inline_n0idbuqqux1rckbps.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Stall the ball. You know this process can take time.

I'll notify a CMod. Please have the PMs between you and the mod ready.

dudara wrote: »
    Stall the ball. You know this process can take time.

I'll notify a CMod. Please have the PMs between you and the mod ready.

Cool, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi
    I'll take a look at this for you
    can you forward on the PMs in question please

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hi
    I'll take a look at this for you
    can you forward on the PMs in question please

Done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I've reviewed the PMs - thank you, and taken a look at the post in question.

It was beyond crude and unnecessary and I am certainly upholding it as a red.

if you wish to dispute this further, you can request an admin review.

Thanks

nah won't bother

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement