Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Connect App vs. Nissan Connect via web

• 02-02-2017 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Have Nissan Connect app (formerly 'carwings') installed on the phone and have been using it since I got the car. I tried to log in to Nissan Connect on the website - just to see if it provides any additional info.

However, its looking for different login details. Is there any point in gaining access to it? i.e. any additional stats to check out?

Also, between the stats in-car and on the app, there's a disparity - one suggests 19/kWh - 100 km whereas the app suggest 16kWh - 100 KM.

Which is accurate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Do they get reset separately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

unkel wrote: »
    Do they get reset separately?
    The app and website OR the stats on-board vs. on the app?

In the case of the former, I can only imagine they're not linked login wise - will try again to re-register. In the case of the latter, I know there's a way to 'reset' the Leaf manually - perhaps if I do this, it will reflect more accurate stats on-screen? Can someone remind me what the procedure is to achieve this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Have Nissan Connect app (formerly 'carwings') installed on the phone and have been using it since I got the car. I tried to log in to Nissan Connect on the website - just to see if it provides any additional info.

However, its looking for different login details. Is there any point in gaining access to it? i.e. any additional stats to check out?

Also, between the stats in-car and on the app, there's a disparity - one suggests 19/kWh - 100 km whereas the app suggest 16kWh - 100 KM.

Which is accurate?

Th only additional features on the web is you can define RSS feeds ( on the 30Kwh) given that RSS is dead, well thats not enough reason. I have both registered and I never use the web site. I use the app daily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

BoatMad wrote: »
    Th only additional features on the web is you can define RSS feeds ( on the 30Kwh) given that RSS is dead, well thats not enough reason. I have both registered and I never use the web site. I use the app daily

Well based on a morning spent trying to get either the web version or the app version working, including 11 calls to the UK, my sense is that both are crap.
    The OBDlink LX instructions where to find the app were wrong.
    Its now loaded on phone but wont connect....Bring back Stromberg twin downdraft carbs and a tacho:(

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Well based on a morning spent trying to get either the web version or the app version working, including 11 calls to the UK, my sense is that both are crap and the OBDlink LX is more crap, its going back as can't download the app on my phone.

I feel your pain... i was on the phone 1.5h yesterday to get my car properly registered so I could use Nissan Connect to control the heating and charging times ove the phone.
    It is annoying. I would suggest you, since you bought new, to get your dealer to organise it. Back in 2015, Barlo Nissan Kilkenny had it all sorted for me before I even touched the car...

• Advertisement
Advertisement