Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd level student account upgrade

• 02-02-2017 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Dear BOI Reps.,

"Recently" -I've just found the email in the spam folder- I've been notified that my student account will be upgraded to a graduate account. I guess that's because in your records/database appears that I must have finished my studies.

The problem is that I repeated my last year course, and I've moved abroad for my last year of studies, so basically I haven't finished yet. My course will finish this year but not until mid of September (that is when autumn examination take place, here in Spain).

Anyway, I'm also trying to apply for a Master's degree to continue my studies next year, so I wonder if meanwhile I could keep the status of my current student account, instead of being upgraded, since I haven't finished yet my 3rd level studies.

In the email that I've received says that I should get in contact with my branch by phone, but since I'm abroad and the call can be quite expensive, I'd like to know if there's any chance to solve it by email or by post.

Thanks for your time.

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Ancaran wrote: »
    Dear BOI Reps.,

"Recently" -I've just found the email in the spam folder- I've been notified that my student account will be upgraded to a graduate account. I guess that's because in your records/database appears that I must have finished my studies.

The problem is that I repeated my last year course, and I've moved abroad for my last year of studies, so basically I haven't finished yet. My course will finish this year but not until mid of September (that is when autumn examination take place, here in Spain).

Anyway, I'm also trying to apply for a Master's degree to continue my studies next year, so I wonder if meanwhile I could keep the status of my current student account, instead of being upgraded, since I haven't finished yet my 3rd level studies.

In the email that I've received says that I should get in contact with my branch by phone, but since I'm abroad and the call can be quite expensive, I'd like to know if there's any chance to solve it by email or by post.

Thanks for your time.

Regards.
    Hi Ancaran

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We'll send you a PM shortly just to request some information and we'd be happy to follow this up with your Branch for you. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ancaran

Hi Alison,

I've tried to reply to your PM, but I don't know what happens that every time that I try to reply any PM, the email sent is empty.

What can I do?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Alison,

I've tried to reply to your PM, but I don't know what happens that every time that I try to reply any PM, the email sent is empty.

What can I do?

Thanks.
    Hi Ancaran, 

We've received a private message from you but it was blank, can you please try sending your message again? 

Thanks,
    Sarah

I've replied to that message, but again it seems that what you will receive will be an empty one.

It happens the same every time that I reply to a PM.

I've sent another PM to your Reps. contact, and it seems that it worked, so let me know if everything is OK, please.

Thanks for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

I've replied to that message, but again it seems that what you will receive will be an empty one.

It happens the same every time that I reply to a PM.

I've sent another PM to your Reps. contact, and it seems that it worked, so let me know if everything is OK, please.

Thanks for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.
    Hi Ancaran,

We've received a notification that you've sent a PM however, the only text in it is the messages Alison and Sarah have sent to you. It would be worth flagging this to the mods here on Boards.ie to see if they can help with the blank messages. 

In the mean time, if you're on Facebook or Twitter you could message us there? You can find links to our profiles here

Let me know if you're going to try that and I'll let the team know the background to your query to save you explaining it all again. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Tara,

OK, if none of them worked, let's try with Twitter. I'll send a tweet to @talkBOI saying that I'm coming from Boards.ie

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Tara,

OK, if none of them worked, let's try with Twitter. I'll send a tweet to @talkBOI saying that I'm coming from Boards.ie

Thanks for your help.
    I can see they've just gone back to you there on Twitter Ancaran. Thanks again for contacting us here on Boards.

Cheers
    Tara

Yup, we are working now on it.
    Your customer attention is simply brilliant ;)
    Thanks again.

Advertisement