Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you tube upload "unable to process" mp4 file

Options
  • 02-02-2017 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi. When I upload this 2k 256 Mb .mp4 file and chose their "original" form / resolution, I get "unable to process" after uploading and inital processing. No issue if I choose 1080p, however I want to maintain the 2k form / detail. Yes, its a new 2k phone !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Looks like a 4k file. Never heard of 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

QHD display with 4K sensor.

Are you uploading with the youtube app? If so use the web version fromy your laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭mrtom

ED E wrote: »
    QHD display with 4K sensor.

Are you uploading with the youtube app? If so use the web version fromy your laptop.

Yep, thats what I'm doing, laptop to my youtube A/C

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

In that case you'll probably have to re-encode it. I would guess its a quirk in the firmware of the recorder.

Look into Handbrake but expect it to be a bit of a slow process for longer clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭mrtom

ED E wrote: »
    In that case you'll probably have to re-encode it. I would guess its a quirk in the firmware of the recorder.

Look into Handbrake but expect it to be a bit of a slow process for longer clips.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting thing is the phone generates a .3gp file, and as my Intel HD 3000 struggles with such a high bit rate, (Pot player can cope ) I trim with the phones software which then produces a shorter .mp4 clip which causes an issue when uploading to you tube. So as I use handbrake & it detects the .mp4 clip, do I just match the hight / width / bit rate & FPS and re encode to mp4 ? I know I don't have a 4k display but I wish to preserve the sharp detail.
    Download sample clip:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/aaks60pvs5e6ja5/Spider%20fish%201.mp4?dl=0

• Advertisement
Advertisement