Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re installation

Options
  • 02-02-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,

I'm interested in signing up with Eir for broadband. There's no existing phoneline in the house but the house is very old with extremely thick walls and floor, WiFi signal only really extends on the floor its on. As such I was wondering when getting a line installed is it possible to have the main phonejack installed on the second floor or does it have to be installed on the ground floor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

EVanB wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm interested in signing up with Eir for broadband. There's no existing phoneline in the house but the house is very old with extremely thick walls and floor, WiFi signal only really extends on the floor its on. As such I was wondering when getting a line installed is it possible to have the main phonejack installed on the second floor or does it have to be installed on the ground floor?
    Hi  EVanB,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

When installing a line we will usually bring the socket just inside the front door (usually 1 meter). I'm afraid we would be unable to arrange internal wiring and I would recommend if you do need another socket upstairs contacting an electrician and they will be able to arrange this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

Hi,

Hi  EVanB,

When installing a line we will usually bring the socket just inside the front door (usually 1 meter). I'm afraid we would be unable to arrange internal wiring and I would recommend if you do need another socket upstairs contacting an electrician and they will be able to arrange this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    And if the electrician did install a socket upstairs the broadband moden would work fine with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Hi  EVanB,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    And if the electrician did install a socket upstairs the broadband moden would work fine with it?
    The signal will always depend on the structure of the home EVanB however if you get a socket installed upstairs the modem will work.

-Pamela 

Advertisement