Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners Adult Sports?

Options
  • 02-02-2017 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Been away for the last few years and just recently moved back to Cork. While I was away I took up Adults Ice hockey, and there were all sorts of ages from 25 to 50 but all starting from the same place, so it was a lot of fun. Of course, I don't expect to find that specifically here :)

But I have been looking around a bit and not found many beginner sports for adults. Does anybody know of a anything like that? Ideally something where people are on a level playing field would be great.

I'm open to trying most things. And I'd like to try something else besides soccer, plenty of that going around :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the obvious one is running, lots of clubs open to all sorts of levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Thanks, ya, lot's of running clubs. I'm trying to find something more team orientated or competitive. Personally, the competition, even at a friendly level, keeps me motivated. I know there are competitive races but it's a lot different than say weekly game of Tennis, Basketball etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ciaragrant92

There is an adults roller hockey team that practice in Little Island.
    Check out Cork Wolfpack on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I was gonna suggest dogging but I think I read the topic wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

underwater hockey
    https://www.facebook.com/corkuwh/
    they're looking for new adult members

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

underwater hockey
    https://www.facebook.com/corkuwh/
    they're looking for new adult members

Holy moly, I can't believe I never heard of that! Looks great!

OP, some of the rowing clubs have beginner sessions for grown ups, rowing is a great one in Cork, we have brilliant facilities. and I know Cork archery also is always welcoming to newbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Advertisement