Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coopers apprenticeship

• 02-02-2017 10:59pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought I'd give a heads up on a local apprenticeship opportunity.

Its an ad for a coopers apprenticeship, from a Tullamore based distillery.
    So if you fancy something different and traditional, it might suit you.

I considered it myself, but I reckon coming up to 62, they would rule me out:D
    And I doubt the 5 foot coopers plane would do my shoulder injury much good:)

So come on lads,n,lassies, give it a go.

Hey woodturner, get them tools sharpened......:P

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

kadman wrote: »
    from a Tullamore based distillery.
    i wonder which one that is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Grueller

Wow. I would pay to do that for a few months. I have the full set of hands dvd's here and always get nostalgic for the times that they were alive any time I watch one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Tullamore Dew. I think its grants now.

Starting in mid summer I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Yes William Grant and Sons. You'd be training in the distillery just outside the town and possibly be in some of their other distilleries in Scotland. Great opportunity to travel also as you'll be sent to Spain and America to learn about sherry and bourbon casks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

woodturner wrote: »
    Yes William Grant and Sons. You'd be training in the distillery just outside the town and possibly be in some of their other distilleries in Scotland. Great opportunity to travel also as you'll be sent to Spain and America to learn about sherry and bourbon casks.

Are you in for it.....

My age would be a gamble whether i,d make the final year:P:P:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement