Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

direct debit discount?

Options
  • 03-02-2017 12:10am

Just wondering if there's any monetary advantage to paying with DD? In other words is there a charge for not using DD and paying the old fashioned way (like in the post office)?

Ta!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Just wondering if there's any monetary advantage to paying with DD? In other words is there a charge for not using DD and paying the old fashioned way (like in the post office)?

Ta!
    Hi  Deleted User,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    If you are new customer a direct debit is compulsory. You will also receive a €2 discount monthly should you pay by direct debit. :D

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for your reply. My mother has been a customer for over a decade. My mother is getting on and it's her name on the account. I've gone ahead and set up a direct debit to my visa debit card (not my bank account as it's in my name).  I want to save her the chore of paying it in a post office. Hopefully it'll work and get €2 off to boot.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for your reply. My mother has been a customer for over a decade. My mother is getting on and it's her name on the account. I've gone ahead and set up a direct debit to my visa debit card (not my bank account as it's in my name).  I want to save her the chore of paying it in a post office. Hopefully it'll work and get €2 off to boot.

Thanks.
    No problem  Deleted User. :D

I would recommend checking with our customer care team on 1901 if she can avail of this on her account. If she is unable to we can upgrade the account to an option that can avail of the €2 discount. It might also be handy to get yourself added to the account as a named contact if you want to speak with us regarding her account in the future.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement