Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bib tights?

Options
  • 03-02-2017 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Anyone any recommendations on budget bib tights?
    Max distance around 150k and my wallet doesn't stretch to the big brands.
    Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

I bought a pair of these from Marrey's last year and found them grand and they're on a good deal at the moment:
    http://www.marreybikes.com/cycling-tights-and-trousers-/3056-marrey-bikes-super-roubaix-bib-tight-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

I bought a pair of these from Marrey's last year and found them grand and they're on a good deal at the moment:
    http://www.marreybikes.com/cycling-tights-and-trousers-/3056-marrey-bikes-super-roubaix-bib-tight-black.html

Great thanks for that!
    What is the sizing like I'm an awkard yoke, tall and thin with skinny legs,
    Any running tights can be too baggy or too short

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Great thanks for that!
    What is the sizing like I'm an awkard yoke, tall and thin with skinny legs,
    Any running tights can be too baggy or too short

Given they have small and x-small available you might be out of luck with Marrey so. DHB brand stuff on wiggle.co.uk (some also on CRC, but since it's s Wiggle own brand their range is better) is also worth a shout for offering decent bang for buck. They have several different ranges at this point, from commuter to racer, so I'd imagine you'd find something there for yourself.

cython wrote: »
    Given they have small and x-small available you might be out of luck with Marrey so. DHB brand stuff on wiggle.co.uk (some also on CRC, but since it's s Wiggle own brand their range is better) is also worth a shout for offering decent bang for buck. They have several different ranges at this point, from commuter to racer, so I'd imagine you'd find something there for yourself.

Yeah i was looking at the wiggle ones so will probably go for them.
    I was looking at ekoi also just thought someone might have seen any bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I second DHB.

I also have a very old paid of Altura and while they're warm the pad is poorly positioned and they have stirrups which are a pain. Padless are an option for you too and you can wear cycling shorts under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Merlin has Castelli Soprasso for about 80 sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Merlin has Castelli Soprasso for about 80 sterling.

Wiggle has them for about 74 GBP if you place your "first" order with code Saver10 or maybe wigglelove ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Would certainly second Galibier, top quality stuff and their aftersales service is the best I've ever experienced.

Also have a pair of DHB Roubaix tights I've had for years and they're holding up very well so not a bad shout either.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Bought these 3 weeks ago. Delighted with them. I bought a size bigger based on previous recommendations.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-classic-thermal-bib-tights/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

cython wrote:
    Wiggle has them for about 74 GBP if you place your "first" order with code Saver10 or maybe wigglelove

Good call.
    marvin80 wrote:
    These are really good - about €86

Really like anything I've got from Galibier as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

marvin80 wrote: »

Got a pair of these also & very impressed. I`ve another pair of Galibier from 18months ago & still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

I haven't worn bib tights with a few years.

Unless you suffer badly with the cold, just buy decent bibs and wear all year round and wear leg warmers when required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

That's a good price for Castelli Sorpasso. I got a pair a couple of months ago and have worn them nearly every spin since I got them. They're extremely comfortable and warm. I don't have Galibier tights but do have other stuff and find them very good too.
    One thing about tights vs shorts with leg warmers that didn't come up when I asked about this a few months ago when I was doing some research: If you go for tights and come off the bike, it can be more expensive than if you only have to replace a leg warmer. If found this the hard way, and so I have been cycling around with a hole in one knee for the past 6 weeks thanks to the inconsiderate @sshole who put me in a ditch!
    I did go out in shorts with leg warmers one day recently, and although I was warm enough, I still prefer tights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Gailbier offer a repair service!!

http://galibier.cc/customer1st/repair-service/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have a pair of DHB Classic thermal winter tights and they're excellent. Warm enough for even the coldest of days and the pad is excellent.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-classic-thermal-bib-tights/

I went for these with the discount of 20% off

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-giro-2-bib-tights/

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

Decathlon BTWIN aerofit range, great value in the sale stock if you can find your size. .ie and .co.uk tend to have different stock so worthwhile checking both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭InTheAttic

Did you ever try bib tights and leg warmers? Work perfect for me. Also if you fall off the bike, chances are only the shorts will be damaged so you can keep the leg warmers and get new shorts. It's a bit cheaper in that regard maybe? I find shorts much more versatile :)

• Advertisement

InTheAttic wrote: »
    Did you ever try bib tights and leg warmers? Work perfect for me. Also if you fall off the bike, chances are only the shorts will be damaged so you can keep the leg warmers and get new shorts. It's a bit cheaper in that regard maybe? I find shorts much more versatile :)

Maybe will do that when i get involved with a club, just doing a 30-40k spin at weekends so not really pushing it, so hopefully I won't bin myself anytime soon

Advertisement