Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear to a scholarship ceremony?

• 03-02-2017 8:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭

In a dilemma, I won a scholarship at college and there is a ceremony next weekend but I haven't a notion of what to wear. Can anyone please give any guidance? There is no dinner involved just refreshments after if that helps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Are you male or female?

Something respectable. Do you have a suit? or a jumper with a shirt and tie underneath. Pants not jeans. If not, then anything clean and tidy.
    If youre a girl, any nice outfit, not too sexy.

and congratulations :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

Female sorry should have added, mid twenties size 6. I was thinking of a black dress black tights and a pink blazer? I don't think I'm confident enough to wear a dress without Tights as its middle of the day and not as big as a graduation ceremony for eg

Can never go wrong with a little black dress, especially if youre petite. Wasnt aware that there was something about not wearing tights in the middle of the day....

there isnt.. I just dont have the confidence to wear legs out during the day! any thoughts on a culotte jumpsuit below my knees mid calf level with a blazer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is it in nuig? I've been to two of them and everyone was dressed fairly casual. It's nowhere as fancy as a grad ceremony or anything. Most guys wore jeans and shirts and girls wore skirts/black tights and a top. I was the same as you, didn't want to wear bare legs in the middle of the day in Feb but thankfully I didn't and nobody else did either. Dress as you would going to dinner or something. Nice but not fancy

there isnt.. I just dont have the confidence to wear legs out during the day! any thoughts on a culotte jumpsuit below my knees mid calf level with a blazer?

This sounds perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This might be an old fashioned view to some, but tights are part of formal wear. Bare legs not really a good look at formal events.

Do you perhaps mean nude tights? If so, that's absolutely fine.

anna080 wrote: »
    This sounds perfect.

Hi Anna.. A bit off topic but how many people did you bring in with you? I have two tickets, would they allow three?

Hi Anna.. A bit off topic but how many people did you bring in with you? I have two tickets, would they allow three?

I brought two but there were plenty there who brought their whole families. There was loads of seating left over so they're not overly pedantic about how many you bring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement