Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German toy fair 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I've been following the chat over on EuroBricks

I'd echo the disappointment. 2015-2016 was probably a hard act to follow but LEGO is the No1 Brand in the world and as such you would expect nothing other than evolution year on year.

Of course we have only seen pics but the 6x6 aesthetically at least is nothing on the Arocs. Maybe the RC functions make it much more playable. I'm late to AFOL and have only picked up 42039, 42043 and 42056 (Yet to build it) and was all excited about the next "UCS" series technic car. No doubt one is coming but maybe 2018.

Perhaps LEGO have not shown their full H2 hand but if they have its not great. I'll make my mind up when I see them in stores but likely I'll give Technic a skip this year.

Fingers crossed the SW 40th anniversary offering will be much better...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

For Technic's 40th anniversary, it's a really uninspired selection of sets. It's all the more jarring when you look at how strong 2016 showing was. It's as if there's a conscious effort towards more juniorised designs; that plate clad designs should triumph over function. Won't be buying any of it this year.

Advertisement