Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disability allowance and work

• 03-02-2017 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi

I am on disability allowance and might have the chance to do some part time work.

What I would like to know is if anyone has experience of this affecting their disability when it comes to review? In other words do they look at even part time work as no longer needing disability?

I have had anxiety depression since a young child and disability gives me security I need but I'd like to work part time to see if I can.

Would love to hear others experiences, thoughts. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

You can work while claiming disability allowance, but there's a limit on the amount of hours worked & money earned. A call to the department of social welfare would be able to tell you the exact numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 walkingmuch

Thanks for the reply, I understand that part that you can work some hours. What I'd like to know is has anyone experience of working on disability allowance only for social welfare to interpret this eventually as being OK to work on ones own without the allowance and take it off them. Because of my anxiety depression it would affect me badly if this were to happen and cause me to be worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Thanks for the reply, I understand that part that you can work some hours. What I'd like to know is has anyone experience of working on disability allowance only for social welfare to interpret this eventually as being OK to work on ones own without the allowance and take it off them. Because of my anxiety depression it would affect me badly if this were to happen and cause me to be worse

You can work part time if it's considered rehabilitative to your condition if im remember correctly it's only 15-20 hours pw and must be signed off by your gp and department first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 walkingmuch

Gatling wrote: »
    You can work part time if it's considered rehabilitative to your condition if im remember correctly it's only 15-20 hours pw and must be signed off by your gp and department first

Thanks for reply. Was wondering if anyone has any experience of being cut off DA as a result of being able to take up some part time work?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I would advise asking in the State Benefits forum, indeed i'd do as one poster already mentioned and ask local social welfare office and community welfare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement