Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paris again?

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Gotta hand it to those that class themselves as right leaning, they've always been at the forefront when it comes to protecting indigenous populations.

Not really sure how this applies in the Louvre attack though to be honest, I think Napoleon had a wee go at Egypt but he didn't get on too well there if I remember.

I have to say i have seen some stuff used as possible excuses in the past but i think this is the first time poor old Napoleon has been dragged into it.

If the crusades have been used as excuse then I reckon Charles Martel can surely be used since he stopped the expansion of the Moors, the Umayyad Caliphate and it's conquest of France, defeating the muslim armies at the Battle of Tours/Poiters in 732. :rolleyes:

BTW take a look at a map and see how far up through France Tours actually is.
    A bit of an eye opener as to how far the Moors actually got.

As for Charles, well his grandson was Charlemagne and he knew a thing or two about brandy.

He just added an extra L to throw people. ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

maryishere wrote: »
    See post 274, complete with a link to your Irish Times.

""In 20 schools more than two-thirds of pupils came from a non-Irish background, while in two Dublin schools nine in every 10 pupils came from an immigrant background in 2013-2014".

Since the article was written I believe in one of the Dublin schools it is now 95% came from an immigrant background instead of the 90%. One of the teachers sends hers to a Gaelscoil instead. ;)

Mary just stop.
    There are a lot of immigrants to Ireland from various parts of the world of various different races.
    Most of them are hard working honest people who want to make a better life for themselves and their families.
    Some may sent money home to their families and some may only want to work here, save money and eventually go home.
    There is nothing wrong with that and the Irish have done it for generations.

I have always found that the ones that are belonging to more strict religious background (muslims in particular, but also christians such as jehovah witnesses) are less likely to fully integrate.

For instance a huge way for parents to integrate into new communities in Ireland is through their kids.
    You get to know locals and others through things like birthday parties, playdates, sports, etc.

Some of course will say it is silly, but trust me it is one of the best ways of getting to know people if you are new to an area.
    And the aforementioned religions can be conspicious in their absence.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement