Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of leon 3 arena

Options
  • 03-02-2017 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

Kings Of Leon have announced a Dublin date at 3Arena on Saturday 01 July.

Very special guests are Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Here we go again - same sh*t as U2, Ed Sheeran etc.. - ridiculously expensive tickets that are "sold-out" within minutes of going on sale and then appear on seatwave etc.. for extortionate prices.

If Irish concert goers had any cop-on they'd boycott some of these shows in protest - it's not like Kings of Leon have never played here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

marvin80 wrote: »
    it's not like Kings of Leon have never played here before.
    I don't think it would be anywhere near the scale of U2 or Ed because of that fact. Can't think of anyone I know who will be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

85.50 plus booking fee (wowzers)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

peteeeed wrote: »
    tumblr_static_5jq22vjb890ko480448kws8sk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

so at least 90 euro after booking fee for the cheapest ticket!
    about double the price the last time they played in 3arena.
    the recession is most definitely over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

This will sell out pretty quicky! There won't be the same demand as U2, Coldplay or Ed Sheeran but 13,000 tickets will shift easily.

Saturday night slot also helps!

peteeeed wrote: »

"ridiculously expensive tickets" - I've got the first part of my prediction correct anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

They can shove that up their hoop.

Unreal

seated prices in leeds
    Tier 300
    £49.50* - £71.50*

Tier 200
    £49.50* - £71.50*

Tier 100
    £49.50* - £71.50*

Box Suites
    £71.50*
    standing
    STANDING
    £66.00*

birmingham
    Tiered Seating
    £50.30* - £72.30*
    Unreserved Standing
    £66.80*

So looks like it could be €100+ for standing in 3arena, +€6.85 service +€1 facility charge.

but1er wrote: »
    They can shove that up their hoop.

Unreal

And it will still sellout!!

I think 50-60 is plenty for standing tickets for any gigs in the 3 arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Do people reckon there'll be a presale for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anyone who goes to this concert is a cúnt

The Nal banned from forum for three months.

NDWC wrote: »
    Do people reckon there'll be a presale for this?

I expect there will be the usual 3 phone customers presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

It's getting out of hand really a shame.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was thinking about going more the reason to see Nathaniel and the Night Sweats again but not for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

Taking the p1ss with them prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

For an extra 60 bucks you can see them with this 3 day line up in Madrid. And thats still only the initial announcement. We always seem to be getting ripped off.

Captura-de-pantalla-2016-12-14-a-las-10.50.39.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lc180 wrote: »
    For an extra 60 bucks you can see them with this 3 day line up in Madrid. We always seem to be getting ripped off.

I have a lot of family in Madrid, my cousin is well into his music and tells me any type of outdoor festival in Madrid in July/August is a nightmare, temps are crazy and the place is just 1 big dustbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They're fúcking sh!te anyway. Do people really think this will sell out at those prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

MadYaker wrote: »
    They're fúcking sh!te anyway. Do people really think this will sell out at those prices?

Less than half an hour, guarantee it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

MadYaker wrote: »
    yes, easily

Cant wait to go watch them if Im lucky enough to get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tickets from €85.50 - €100.50 plus Ticketmaster fees ,so that will be 93- 107 euro .
    Disgusting prices,but they know they can get it.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tickets from €85.50 - €100.50 plus Ticketmaster fees ,so that will be 93- 107 euro .
    Disgusting prices,but they know they can get it.

I see that on the site now, I think some recent gig had a price range up which then had the upper prices raised closer to the date.

There will be the 6.85 service charge and the 1euro "facility charge" too

The site says "The fees for this event include a 1.00 facility fee. " which might lead you to think its in the price already, but the Bob Dylan page says the same thing and they add it on.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/kings-of-leon-dublin-07-01-2017/event/18005246B4D451FA?artistid=862453&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Websites had been saying "Tickets are priced from €85.50 including booking and facility fees and are available from usual outlets." but I did not see it on MCDs site so I had rightly guessed it was probably not actually included.

rubadub wrote: »
    I see that on the site now, I think some recent gig had a price range up which then had the upper prices raised closer to the date.

There will be the 6.85 service charge and the 1euro "facility charge" too

The site says "The fees for this event include a 1.00 facility fee. " which might lead you to think its in the price already, but the Bob Dylan page says the same thing and they add it on.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/kings-of-leon-dublin-07-01-2017/event/18005246B4D451FA?artistid=862453&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Websites had been saying "Tickets are priced from €85.50 including booking and facility fees and are available from usual outlets." but I did not see it on MCDs site so I had rightly guessed it was probably not actually included.

We are being rode in this country.

Ticketmaster should have to list the different prices and different price categories well in advance of the onsale.
    Its not very transparent.

A friend of mine is going to see them in Virginia ,its 22 dollars plus fees to get in there ,with 25% off if you buy 4 tickets.
    Pit tickets are 71 dollars plus fees .

We are being rode in this country.

This will continue to happen when people keep buying tickets at those prices and concerts sell-out.

Ticketmaster should have to list the different prices and different price categories well in advance of the onsale.
    +1

I posted this a few days back in the 2017 thread, in response to yourself.
    think that is the first time I have seen the facility fee supposedly included (as I am not convinced it is included).

The booking fee is always included, the only reason I can see why they mention it being included is to fool people into thinking they are talking about the service charges -which will be an additional €6.85 if buying online. The facility fee is €1, it would not surprise me if this is not included as the media often gets this stuff wrong.

I still argue with people who are convinced "no, I heard it on the radio, saw it on the TV, the price includes all the charges", and think the price they hear is "all in".

They allow people buy 8 or 9 tickets these days, I believe there are 2 main reasons for this. 1. They save on delivery charges and admin charges and maybe save some CC fees -this is since they get people to organise buying in groups, people will contact friends "are you on for going, I saw its meant to be 85.50 including fees", so 2. people will agree, then on the day they are hit with the extra 7.85 and just pay it rather than risk it selling out, without asking the people if they still want to go, and people are less likely to pull out at that stage.

Regular gig goers will know about the 6.85, but if getting 8 tickets for a large group you are stung for 8euro facility too, many are unaware of it, and most will just pay thinking "sure its only a euro". If they need the extra euro so badly why the hell is it not added to the price from the start?

It is only a euro, but it really infuriates me when I see it added on at the end like that -while if the ticket had been a euro more to begin with it would not have bothered me at all.

+1

It is only a euro, but it really infuriates me when I see it added on at the end like that -while if the ticket had been a euro more to begin with it would not have bothered me at all.

That euro thing is a disgrace.
    I don't mind it in a small venue that is trying to improve its facilities or refurbish the venue .
    But this is the 3arena ,a huge newly refurbished venue owned by Livenation aka Ticketmaster .
    They don't need the money ,they already have their snouts in enough troughs ,promoter,ticket seller,venue owner.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

anyone have any 3 presale code that they are not going to use for this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

mikekerry wrote: »
    anyone have any 3 presale code that they are not going to use for this event?

I'm annoying every person I know looking for one too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

Anyone any joy in the presale?

Advertisement