Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of leon 3 arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Yeah they're standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Thanks, was thinking that. Is assigning seats numbers for stat purposes for standing tickets a relatively new thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Got four tickets for the Sunday, similar to the above I thought they were standing but it says:

Section GA1

Row G4

Seats 402-405

Are these actually standing I wonder? They should make it clearer!

Edit: Didn't read above posts properly, apologies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thanks, was thinking that. Is assigning seats numbers for stat purposes for standing tickets a relatively new thing?

Each ticket sold needs a number due to capacity, restrictions, health and safety.

Been happening a few years now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Saturday sold out in no time.

There are standing and seats available for Sat on Ticketmaster now .

Ticketmaster up to their usual tricks ,pretending Saturday is sold out at 10.01 so as they can flog the Sunday night tickets .Scoundrels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Zardoz wrote: »
    There are standing and seats available for Sat on Ticketmaster now .

Ticketmaster up to their usual tricks ,pretending Saturday is sold out at 10.01 so as they can flog the Sunday night tickets .Scoundrels

Third date just confirmed by MCD for Tuesday 4th July.

Tickets on sale next Wednesday at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Third date just confirmed by MCD for Tuesday 4th July.

Tickets on sale next Wednesday at 9am

Got two tickets this afternoon with the three presale for the third night

• Registered Users Posts: 86,582 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are they doing a 3rd date now?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are they doing a 3rd date now?

Already on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I keep hearing ads for the 3rd night on the radio. So just checked and can still get 8 standing for the first night (saturday, which supposedly sold out in minutes or so). and 1 seated one in each space

Sec BLOCKF
    Row 25, Seats 152
    ?100.50 ea

and this seat
    Sec BLOCKG
    Row 23, Seats 181
    ?90.50 ea

And I can also get 8 standing for the 2nd night, sunday, and several seated ones, I am not sure if that was ever claimed as sold out, or if standing tickets were not available at any time.

When originally on sale you could get them later on in the day too, and several days later. But if you check on facebook you can see loads of people unable to get them when they went on sale. Many were screwed over by these scumbags, as they created a panic and people snapped up whatever they could.

Crap tickets were offered as "best available" no doubt to off load them, so people who later checked (like now) would be offered far better seats and buy them. The bigger fans would take whatever they could get.

3arena still list 1st night as sold out,
    http://3arena.ie/artist/kings-of-leon/1837

They are going below face value on seatwave. You could see on facebook, and I think toutless, that people were buying ones for the 2nd night, unaware their mates got them for the first night, and now the first night is on sale. Many miust be stuck with unwanted tickets due to ticketmasters tactics. And its no bother to ticketmaster, they still get decent seatwave fees even if sold below face.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »

When originally on sale you could get them later on in the day too, and several days later. But if you check on facebook you can see loads of people unable to get them when they went on sale. Many were screwed over by these scumbags, as they created a panic and people snapped up whatever they could.

Crap tickets were offered as "best available" no doubt to off load them, so people who later checked (like now) would be offered far better seats and buy them. The bigger fans would take whatever they could get.

3arena still list 1st night as sold out,
    http://3arena.ie/artist/kings-of-leon/1837

Thats how Ticketmaster and most ticket agencies operate Im afraid.

Its all about hype and misdirection.
    The promoter knew that they would play at least 2 gigs and a third was likely.
    They will sell a large percentage of tickets for the first night ,then they announce a second night and stop selling the first night as its a more desirable night a Saturday .
    This creates a frenzy and punters snap up the tickets for the Sunday night ,alot of which will be crap seats ,but people are swept away with the hype,they will buy any crap.
    Once they have sold a decent amount of tickets for the second night ,they then announce a third night due to extraordinary demand.

Its a really cynical system ,its why Ticketmaster Ireland never show the pick your seat option for gigs ,they dont want people to see what seats are actually sold .Of course even with the Pick Your Seat option they often just show specific blocks and pretend the rest are sold ,when they arent.

People should just buy the seats that they are happy with ,dont buy crap seats ,for most gigs better seats will always become available especially outdoor gigs.
    What we will see with Guns n Roses will happen with most other gigs this summer,the market saturated and tickets going for well below face value .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I thought Kings of Lean's popularity had fallen away big time these days, are they still selling out venues.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I thought Kings of Lean's popularity had fallen away big time these days, are they still selling out venues.

They are popular in Europe ,they were live on BBC Four tonight .
    US tour seems to be struggling though ,a friend of mine saw them in Virginia Beach last week and the venue was half empty.
    Cracking gig though he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats how Ticketmaster and most ticket agencies operate Im afraid.

Its all about hype and misdirection.
    The promoter knew that they would play at least 2 gigs and a third was likely.
    They will sell a large percentage of tickets for the first night ,then they announce a second night and stop selling the first night
    I can't recall one as blatant as this though, maybe you can though. The usual trick used to be knowing fine well they would have 2-3 nights and sell out the first completely, then announce the second but usually have a delay in its sale. That way people at least had a chance to consult with friends. I think this second was on sale moments after the other.

I think this did happen with some gig in the last year or so, i.e. second tickets on sale right away, but I do not recall people saying 8 standing (usually first to go) for the first could be got hours, then weeks, and then months later.

I was monitoring this one so maybe it did happen with others.

Often they announce new tickets as a way of tackling touts. Some gigs, like U2 are 100% sure going to really sell out, so I do believe some are possibly held back to give this bogus impression that they, the biggest touts going, are against it. Or else they just have leftovers the promotors set aside incase workers etc wanted them. But in this case it is still saying 1st night is sold out.
    3arena would be a big attraction. Just look at all the complaints about slane this year (and other years), many despise outdoor gigs and value an indoor one far more highly. They did slane & marlay park so some might think they are lucky to see them in a smaller & indoor venue.

Btw the tickets for that gig in Virginia beach ranged from 20 usd to 71 usd plus fees.
    You could get upper level seats for 30 bucks ,as opposed to an extortionate 100 euro for the gig in Dublin.
    I can't recall one as blatant as this though, maybe you can though. The usual trick used to be knowing fine well they would have 2-3 nights and sell out the first completely, then announce the second but usually have a delay in its sale. That way people at least had a chance to consult with friends. I think this second was on sale moments after the other.

I think this did happen with some gig in the last year or so, i.e. second tickets on sale right away, but I do not recall people saying 8 standing (usually first to go) for the first could be got hours, then weeks, and then months later.

Its standard practice now to add the second gig once the first one has supposedly sold out and the tickets for the extra gig usually go on sale immediately .
    Ticketmaster want to panic people into buying so putting the extra gigs on sale immediately is preferential.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Not long to go until these gigs. No buzz about them at all or KOL and their new album. I have a few spare tickets from people pulling out but looking at the amount of sub face value tickets available on Toutless, they will be hard sold and likely give aways to friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I seen them a few years back in the RDS. Brought the roof down.....no really lol. Missed the encore due to the band running away.

madalig12 wrote: »
    I seen them a few years back in the RDS. Brought the roof down.....no really lol. Missed the encore due to the band running away.

That's a long long time ago !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Random question that needs answering. If the doors open at 6.30PM then what time would one expect KOL to begin at? May have to rush from work and hoping it'll be 8.30/9ish

Random question that needs answering. If the doors open at 6.30PM then what time would one expect KOL to begin at? May have to rush from work and hoping it'll be 8.30/9ish

Anytime after 8.30 I would say is the usual start time for main acts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

3 is doing an offer for 2 for 1 tickets for the 4th of July gig, they must be desperate to flog them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

3 is doing an offer for 2 for 1 tickets for the 4th of July gig, they must be desperate to flog them
    Social club in work sold them for €35 Each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I’d say if you went over to 3 Arena at 8.30, you’d get a ticket each night for a tenner. If you have half an interest in KOL, it would be good, cheap weekend’s entertainment. I only half know a couple of their hits. Might give them a closer listen to over the next week, and make it a date on the Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Jesus i paid €180+ for my two tickets with the booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Maybe not the proper thread to be asking, but any advice on a decent pub in walking distance (or close by via Luas) to have a couple of gargles before the concert?

Turns out I have the day off work so making the most of the occasion :D

Maybe not the proper thread to be asking, but any advice on a decent pub in walking distance (or close by via Luas) to have a couple of gargles before the concert?

Turns out I have the day off work so making the most of the occasion :D

The green room right beside the 3 arena is usually good b4 a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Any chance their still selling them for €35?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Had a look at their recent set lists.....doesn't look like they play anything from Red Morning Light anymore :(

villa2008 wrote: »
    Any chance their still selling them for €35?

Was only allowed get 4 and have already got my quota

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Belt wrote: »
    Had a look at their recent set lists.....doesn't look like they play anything from Red Morning Light anymore :(

You mean Youth And Young Manhood. Not really surprised, always get the feeling during interviews they are ashamed of those first two albums, even though they are still the best things they've done and they hate that their U2 lite stuff isn't given as much love. I'm really surprised they are doing three nights on the 3 arena, did any album after Only By The Night sell as much.

Advertisement