Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of leon 3 arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Was only allowed get 4 and have already got my quota

Alright fair enough. I was just looking for one ticket.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Maybe not the proper thread to be asking, but any advice on a decent pub in walking distance (or close by via Luas) to have a couple of gargles before the concert?:D

I'll be at the Brew Dock. 2 stops on the Luas and great pints.

Anyone know what the Luas will be like after the gig? I.e. will it be mental and should we just plan to walk back into town?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Have a standing Saturday ticket and looking to swap for a Sunday or Tuesday standing ticket if anyone is looking to go Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

irish_goat wrote: »
    I'll be at the Brew Dock. 2 stops on the Luas and great pints.

Anyone know what the Luas will be like after the gig? I.e. will it be mental and should we just plan to walk back into town?

It will be packed but its bound to be. You wont be on it for very long so its not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Looking for some cheap tickets for the tuesday, missed out on the Three 2 for 2 deal, let me know if ye see any :)

€35 for tickets would be greeeeat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

People on Seatwave seem to be getting desperate. Keep your eye on it and you may get a bargain.

Just received an email from Ticketmaster saying they have released more production tickets if someone is looking for a good seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Looper007 wrote: »
    Belt wrote: »
    Had a look at their recent set lists.....doesn't look like they play anything from Red Morning Light anymore :(

You mean Youth And Young Manhood. Not really surprised, always get the feeling during interviews they are ashamed of those first two albums, even though they are still the best things they've done and they hate that their U2 lite stuff isn't given as much love. I'm really surprised they are doing three nights on the 3 arena, did any album after Only By The Night sell as much.
    I'm really surprised that they don't play anything from the first album. I thought it was great, really followed in the slipstream of the Strokes sound at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

madalig12 wrote: »
    I seen them a few years back in the RDS. Brought the roof down.....no really lol. Missed the encore due to the band running away.

I was there, brilliant gig, went to see them then in the O2 touring the come around sundown album and they just went through the motions, boring as hell, complete opposite to the RDS gig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I shouldn't have looked at their recent setlists. Terrible selection. And I'm a huge KOL fan. There needs to be more of their first three albums. I guess there could be a variety on the setlists given that they play for three nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

RastaRed wrote: »
    I was there, brilliant gig, went to see them then in the O2 touring the come around sundown album and they just went through the motions, boring as hell, complete opposite to the RDS gig

Did the Pixies play with them the same night or is my memory playing dirty tricks on me again!?

Edit: I mean at the RDS gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Solid gig tonight but not amazing. Setlist was a bit stop start and No encore was odd. WALLS was a highlight along with any mechanical bull material. Wish they would drop Sex on Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Decent concert and you can tell they enjoy playing in Ireland. Crowds have changed a small bit to when I've previously seen them. People taking their toilet breaks during songs like the runner and milk confuses me. A lot of people talking during the concert too is frustrating. Overall a good time but their new stuff doesn't hold up aswell as the old stuff. At nearly 100 per ticket it's too expensive but I would be all over the 2 for 1 for Tuesday if I could get it

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Carroller wrote: »
    Decent concert and you can tell they enjoy playing in Ireland. Crowds have changed a small bit to when I've previously seen them. People taking their toilet breaks during songs like the runner and milk confuses me. A lot of people talking during the concert too is frustrating. Overall a good time but their new stuff doesn't hold up aswell as the old stuff. At nearly 100 per ticket it's too expensive but I would be all over the 2 for 1 for Tuesday if I could get it

Yea enjoyed the gig. The band put on a good show and seemed to really get into it after a low key start. Sound was excellent and the set list worked the crowd who were up for it aside from the odd few nonces around us who kept going in and out to the bar/toilet/smoke (why bother even going, I'd say they only caught half the show if even).

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

what time did they finish up last night? I'm hoping to get a bus after

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Sound was very good and the gig had its moments, but let down a bit by the lack of stage presence/energy (sorta always been the way with KOL) and a poorly organised set list I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Really thought they were outstanding

Was at Radiohead last week and arcade fire the week before, and i would put last night easily above them

Crowd where I was anyway was really into it

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

What time was the opening act on stage?

Mugatuu wrote: »
    What time was the opening act on stage?

KOL started at 8.45

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

R.F. wrote: »

KOL started at 8.45

And finished?

And finished?

Can't remember, 10.30ish I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Did the Pixies play with them the same night or is my memory playing dirty tricks on me again!?

Nope. Ive never seen them. Dont think there was a support act that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Defo wasnt the pixies, may have been manchester orchestra, not 100%. KOL and pixes did support RHCP at their phoenix pk gig, was there aswell, disaster of a venue

Defo wasnt the pixies, may have been manchester orchestra, not 100%. KOL and pixes did support RHCP at their phoenix pk gig, was there aswell, disaster of a venue

I managed to clear up the mystery. KOL and the Pixies played Lansdowne Rd around July/Aug 2005 so thats what i was thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Kol came on just after 8.40 and finished at 10.30. No encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I managed to clear up the mystery. KOL and the Pixies played Lansdowne Rd around July/Aug 2005 so thats what i was thinking of.

August 05, great gig. Kol were amazing, then 2 years later in Belgium it was a snoozefest, not even Eddie Vedder could save them!

Mushy wrote: »
    August 05, great gig. Kol were amazing, then 2 years later in Belgium it was a snoozefest, not even Eddie Vedder could save them!

I liked KOL when i first heard them, first couple of albums were raw and immediate. I quickly lost touch after that, though. They are technically accomplished for sure, but seem a bit too clinical for my liking, i think they lost that bit of rawness and sense of urgency. I truly despised Sex on Fire which seems like obvious stadium-pleasing filler muck to be, but maybe that's the way they wanted to go!

Not sure where they have the gigs in PP now, but old enough to remember the 1983 U2 gig in the old much missed racecourse, which had a pretty great line up with Big Country, Simple Minds, Eurthymics and a couple of others in support. I remember it being so hot that day my feet were sticking to the asphalt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I liked KOL when i first heard them, first couple of albums were raw and immediate. I quickly lost touch after that, though. They are technically accomplished for sure, but seem a bit too clinical for my liking, i think they lost that bit of rawness and sense of urgency. I truly despised Sex on Fire which seems like obvious stadium-pleasing filler muck to be, but maybe that's the way they wanted to go!

Ditto. They leave me cold. Mind you most of the new rock bands I find the same. Joyless, sexless, establishment. Royal Blood are an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Not sure where they have the gigs in PP now, but old enough to remember the 1983 U2 gig in the old much missed racecourse, which had a pretty great line up with Big Country, Simple Minds, Eurthymics and a couple of others in support. I remember it being so hot that day my feet were sticking to the asphalt!

Am still sore with my mother for not allowing me go to that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sound was excellent, despite the row behind me talking loudly for most of it.

KOL don't have a large venue stage presence. I'd say that set in somewhere like the Olympia would have been one of the best gigs of all time. I just don't feel their ability in large venue.

Show was good. Artist was good. Sound was excellent.

Advertisement