Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of leon 3 arena

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Amirani wrote: »
    The Nal wrote: »
    You're helping to inflate the market and making it seem acceptable to pay 95 quid to a gig for an MOR band.

Hence my comments in the thread earlier. 

But then again, KOL fans go to a gig every 5 years so why would they care?

The market is the market - no individual is "inflating" the market. If sufficient numbers of people are willing to pay €95 (as they obviously were) then that's the market price - not what you perceive it to be in your head.

I wouldn't have paid full price, but I got a free ticket and did enjoy it. I don't value seeing KOL at the guts of €100, but have no problem with the fact that plenty of other people do.

As regards your comment re them being a middle of the road band, well that's obviously entirely subjective, but such a statements its in completely with the rest of your shaky reasoning.
    With a few exceptions, mosts bands whos music is covered extensively by wedding bands is MOR. KOL, Killers, Dire Straits etc. 

Regarding the market, if no one went they wouldn't charge 95 the next time. The market is dictated by demand. But we've sadly jumped on the bandwagon. Theres a reason most tickets are cheaper in Italy for example. If a gig is overpriced they either don't go or protest like they did for Barbra Streisand.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/may/28/pop.italy

Why did the Chili Peppers play here so much in the 00s? Because of the love of Ireland or because they realised people would pay silly money for their gigs?

Great people enjoyed it. They'll charge €110 next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Went on the opening night and I must say I was blown away. I would be one of those "their earlier work was so much better" sort of lad, but thought they got the mix spot on.

Was pleasantly surprised they played Molly's Chambers, and my particular highlights were The Runner, Fans and Milk.

Very impressed.

Exact same as you. Huge fan of their first three albums, and like a selection of the new stuff, but overall they are still one of my favorite bands.

I think they played around 27 songs, which was class, wasn't expecting that many songs. The songs that they chose to play from their newer stuff were songs that I personally liked so that was a nice bonus :) These being Closer, Crawl, Notion, Cold Desert, Find Me, Pyro.

The older stuff they played was a real treat - bloody Talihina Sky!!!! And opening with The Bucket! Incredible :D As well as King of the Rodeo, Milk, Mollys Chamber, The Runner and Slow Night So Long! Amazing setlist and gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Was at Sat night as mentioned above but my God, what a setlist the Tuesday night gig was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sheroman01 wrote: »
    The older stuff they played was a real treat - bloody Talihina Sky!!!!
    Had a look to see how often they played that live. Only the 2nd time they'd played it live according to setlistfm (records back to about 2006). The other time was something they did on the 2014 tour, called "Song for the City", where they took a request for an obscure song every night. That was played in LA with Chris MArtin doing lyrics that night....
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kings-of-leon/2014/hollywood-bowl-hollywood-ca-13cf4d21.html

So possibly the only time they've ever played that live with Caleb singing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Had a look to see how often they played that live. Only the 2nd time they'd played it live according to setlistfm (records back to about 2006). The other time was something they did on the 2014 tour, called "Song for the City", where they took a request for an obscure song every night. That was played in LA with Chris MArtin doing lyrics that night....
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kings-of-leon/2014/hollywood-bowl-hollywood-ca-13cf4d21.html

So possibly the only time they've ever played that live with Caleb singing

I thought this too. Thought they played it once or twice live. So lucky I went on Tuesday :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement