Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi to Ethernet adapter

Options
  • 03-02-2017 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a 3 wifi modem like this one @ http://www.three.ie/online/data/contract/huawei-e5573-black/?src=p

No ethernet connections just wifi and I need to connect a wired piece of kit (ethernet only) to the network somehow. Just wondering if anyone has some experience with this is there a kit I can buy to use with the current modem or would I need to look at purchasing a new modem?

Thanks a lot,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

TP link TL-MR3420 accepts a 4g dongle but I dunno if your mifi would work with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭testtech05

Thanks Big Lar I got chatting to a guy at work who tells me he is using a TP-LINK TL-MR6400 for a similar application so will check them both out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I was in the same situation and bought a Netgear WN2000RPTv2 Wireless Expander which also has 4 10/100 Ethernet ports - sorted.

Ken

Advertisement