Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pause a Pension or Reduce Amounts?

• 03-02-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am SelfEmployed and last year I took out a BOI pension and I pay €500 a month into it. 

I have applied for financing for my business which has been accepted over 12-months but with existing overheads and the new finance I cannot afford the pension contributions each month.. is there a way to "pause" my pension debits for 12-months and continue afterwards? or can I reduce the amount to say €100 for 12-months and go back to the original amount?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Buttercake wrote: »
    Hi,

I am SelfEmployed and last year I took out a BOI pension and I pay €500 a month into it. 

I have applied for financing for my business which has been accepted over 12-months but with existing overheads and the new finance I cannot afford the pension contributions each month.. is there a way to "pause" my pension debits for 12-months and continue afterwards? or can I reduce the amount to say €100 for 12-months and go back to the original amount?

Thanks
    Hi Buttercake, 

Thanks for getting in touch today. 

With most of our pensions, the payments can be postponed and started again at a later time. We would recommend calling our BOI Pensions Team on 1890 882 853 and an Advisor will be happy to check the terms of your pension with us and advise further. 

Many Thanks
    Alison 

Advertisement