Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paula McSweeney

• 03-02-2017 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but as an early morning presenter, she is decent.

She gets a lot of ****e here, people going full on for her in (how she generates so much hate, I don't know), but at 6.15 in the morning as you are heading in to work, you want a happy, upbeat presenter who radiates positivity no matter what the weather is.

Music is fine; safe and simple, and usually upbeat. Exactly what you want at that time of day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Luka Ambitious Gynecologist

She's loud and annoying, the female Fergal D'arcy imho - she's all over the valentines late late show ad - wanna bet she'll be on it , boring the public to death about getting engaged

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

A voice that would shatter crystal, tries too hard to be " cool" and " edgy". Also hasn't a clue about the music she plays bar chart stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

A voice that would shatter crystal, tries too hard to be " cool" and " edgy". Also hasn't a clue about the music she plays bar chart stuff.

not many presenters havent a clue about the music they play...very easy to name drop artists and press computer buttons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Luka Ambitious Gynecologist

not many presenters havent a clue about the music they play...very easy to name drop artists and press computer buttons!

i get the idea from today fm especially, they seem to find whats on Joe/Her.ie or the sort , then for example Lady Gaga pops up, lets play a song and they pass off as knowing about the music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

How long is she engaged? all she ever talked about for what seemed like forever, was that she was on tinder, now it's all about her engagement and her boyfriend, and that's only the slot she does on celebrity gossip

• Advertisement

mightyreds wrote: »
    How long is she engaged? all she ever talked about for what seemed like forever, was that she was on tinder, now it's all about her engagement and her boyfriend, and that's only the slot she does on celebrity gossip
    Believe it was weekend before last as they kept bringing it up on the Monday shows of d and d and few others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

For the first time in ages I heard her this morning doing the Entertainment slot on the Breakfast Show. How on earth is this girl on national radio? She is absolutely dreadful. She comes across as a total airhead. She has no knowledge whatsoever of music and cannot even pronounce words that have more than 2 syllables.

mightyreds wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 26 comegowithme

Believe it was weekend before last as they kept bringing it up on the Monday shows of d and d and few others

Wouldn't it have been a PR dream if she had landed the lunchtime slot the same week she got engaged!?

Wouldn't it have been a PR dream if she had landed the lunchtime slot the same week she got engaged!?

ya for her to try and launch her celeb career she so desperately wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

If we keep talking about her she'll start 'trending' on here , which she will LOVE , ...I BETTER SHUT-UP SO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I'll admit to liking her too.

I think she does a decent enough job being 'perky' at God-awful-o'clock.

Always nice to hear someone happy in their work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I like Paula as others have said it's nice to have a cheerful voice that time of the morning. In fairness today fm have actually been lucky with early breakfast slot. I mean Am Kelly, Louise Duffy, terresane o Reilly( who I taught was excellent) and now Paula.

Advertisement