Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Vision box connected by wireless or ethernet?

Options
  • 03-02-2017 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi.
    After being with Sky and Regional Broadband for years, Im thinking of consolidating broadband and tv to Eir saving money and upgrading my 3-4 meg broadband to fiber. Tryna sell it to the better half though by telling her its wireless so no more of that coaxial cable around the door frame to the sky box.

However this is dependent on the Eir Vision box being connected wirelessly to the router. I have read some threads saying it has to be hard wired by ethernet to the router which is a no no. I have read other threads that said the box connects to router through wifi.

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Spoke to a staff member at Eir Arklow and she said the Eir Vision is connected by wifi. Happy days. I'll give it a go for 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

The eir vision box isn't connected via wifi.
    It's cabled via Ethernet or you could use home plugs which are supplied if requested, however they're successful operation is dependant on the quality of your houses wiring and will only work within the same circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

kbell wrote: »
    The eir vision box isn't connected via wifi.
    It's cabled via Ethernet or you could use home plugs which are supplied if requested, however they're successful operation is dependant on the quality of your houses wiring and will only work within the same circuit.

Staff in Arklow said connected by wifi? Tv box cant be more than 30 feet away from router. And broadband must be at least 15meg, according to her. Can an Eir rep clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Staff in arklow are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

da_hambo wrote: »
    Hi.
    After being with Sky and Regional Broadband for years, Im thinking of consolidating broadband and tv to Eir saving money and upgrading my 3-4 meg broadband to fiber. Tryna sell it to the better half though by telling her its wireless so no more of that coaxial cable around the door frame to the sky box.

However this is dependent on the Eir Vision box being connected wirelessly to the router. I have read some threads saying it has to be hard wired by ethernet to the router which is a no no. I have read other threads that said the box connects to router through wifi.

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi da_hambo,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. The eir Vision box requires either a hard wired connection to the modem (Ethernet ) or it will require home plugs if it will be in another room. You can read more about the installation process here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement