Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting on weight instead of losing ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

CBT would definitely be useful by the sounds of it.

Just googled it and seems to be what people recommend? Im on anti depressants going back to my gp in 2 months - Go to him before starting CBT ?

And lads the worst part of being over weight is Im dreading events. Electric picnic omg. And the girls are going on a summer holiday at the end of August and Im trying to explain to them Im not going cause Im 50 pounds heavier and 10-6 inches taller than them all! And cant go on a sun hol and not get into a swimsuit... Whyyy 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Just googled it and seems to be what people recommend? Im on anti depressants going back to my gp in 2 months - Go to him before starting CBT ?

You don't necessarily need to wait for the GP, I don't think. They might be able to recommend a CBT but that's about it.

CBT is very straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ask your dr for a blood test, if circs allow. You could be fighting an uphill battle if your thyroid is up or down.
    Glad to hear a youngster who is not fixated on men, so rare in my world.
    I had tummy issues for what seems like a hundred years, successive gp's didn't catch it, dietician pinned it down first visit, put me on FODMAP which was a big help.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hello all.

Stats: 5 foot 11. Female. HW: 235. CW: 224.

I lost 4 pounds in December and haven't lost any since !!
    track your sizes, take photos not just weight. It can be disheartening to see your weight remaining the same while you could be losing inches you want to. You will see friends/relatives children "spring up overnight" as you have not seen them in a while, gradual loss/gain goes un-noticed for most, actual figures do not lie, but if you just look at one number it can "lie".

When doing exercise you could be rebuilding muscle which has degenerated due to lack of use, muscle is more dense than fat so you can be heavier yet appear the same size or smaller. I remember people commenting concerned with my "weight loss" when I was actually the same weight or had possibly put on "weight". I was a stable weight while having to punch new holes in my belt during that time.
    And the girls are going on a summer holiday at the end of August and Im trying to explain to them Im not going cause Im 50 pounds heavier and 10-6 inches taller than them all!
    at 5 11 you are a fair bit taller than average, and so of course would naturally weigh more accordingly.

• Advertisement

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ask your dr for a blood test, if circs allow. You could be fighting an uphill battle if your thyroid is up or down.
    Glad to hear a youngster who is not fixated on men, so rare in my world.
    I had tummy issues for what seems like a hundred years, successive gp's didn't catch it, dietician pinned it down first visit, put me on FODMAP which was a big help.

I dunno I might just try go to therapy. I was away Friday to Monday and put on 4 pounds. Even with all the walking we did. And I didnt eat that much crap. Honestly though my diet is awful so thats prob why. Anytime Im annoyed or bored I look for the nearest food with sugar. Its awful and exhausting.

Advertisement