Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cod cheeks?

Options
  • 03-02-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭

So, I was in Iceland last week, and had Icelandic cod cheeks one night, or as they were mistakenly translated as on the menu, "Fish gills" :)

Absolutely enormous, they were, must have had about 7 or 8 of them and it was as much as I could do to get through them all what with the other stuff on the plate.

Do these things ever make an appearance here? I'm guessing from the size of them that the fish they came from must have been a pretty imposing beast, bigger than most whole cod we get here, so maybe the cheeks are too small to make them worth removing and they end up with the rest of the head in cat food or similar.

P.S. Never, ever, under any circumstances be tempted to try fermented shark :eek::eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've occasionally seen cod cheeks here but more often monkfish cheeks. Both gorgeous.

Advertisement