Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Baby Formula

Options
  • 03-02-2017 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

I'm starting to think about which formula I want to use for my baby. I used sma last time but have heard recently they have changed their milk and seems to be causing alot of problems for babies and giving pains etc etc. What have you used or would you recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

No offence but this is pointless. What suits one baby doesn't suit another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Feeling sad!

michdee wrote: »
    I'm starting to think about which formula I want to use for my baby. I used sma last time but have heard recently they have changed their milk and seems to be causing alot of problems for babies and giving pains etc etc. What have you used or would you recommend? Thanks

I used Cow and Gate with both of my children and it suited them both great. I started my first with Aptamil after breastfeeding and I found it just didn't suit, I found it too light and it didn't satisfy her. Once I changed to C&G she was a lot more satisfied and content. One thing I wouldn't do is chop and change between formulas as this can really upset their digestive systems. Try to decide on one and stick to it. You're doing the right thing getting advice from other people's experiences and doing research now!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

I used Cow and Gate with both of my children and it suited them both great. I started my first with Aptamil after breastfeeding and I found it just didn't suit, I found it too light and it didn't satisfy her. Once I changed to C&G she was a lot more satisfied and content. One thing I wouldn't do is chop and change between formulas as this can really upset their digestive systems. Try to decide on one and stick to it. You're doing the right thing getting advice from other people's experiences and doing research now!

Thank you, I know with our other lo she was a hungry devil so maybe the cow and gate might suit best to start with and can always see from there! Yeah I want to try do the research as you only find out from other peoples exp. I would never have heard about the sma only I heard one of the mothers talking about the changes otherwise I prob would of tried that again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We used SMA on the first, Aptamil on the second.
    No noticeable difference. We just wanted to look at a different colour tin this time round (seriously). A couple of doctors/PHN have said "oh aptamil is meant to be closer to breast milk" when they ask what my second is on, but honestly, I can't comment either way on that. I think there's very little by way of difference, if there is a difference at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Wefound aptamil the easiest on their stomachs. It's lighter id say but it suited our second whereas the first got sma and had no end of issues. But it could have just been him. I found both kids were most content on breast milk , but I couldn't make that work past week 10 on either child for various reasons. All formula are made from cows milk so absolutely nothing like breast milk whatever they say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement