Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Larry Gogan returning to 2fm weekdays ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

It wouldn't surprise me if 2fm went back to targeting over 30s, they tried a youth format a couple of times in the 00s but did u=turn. So could another u turn be on the cards??. https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/music/524000/rtes-larry-gogan-eyes-move-back-to-old-daytime-slot-on-2fm-after-good-showing-in-jnlr-report/
    Thought he died no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

frag420 wrote: »
    Thought he died no?

That was Tony Fenton.

Larry Gogan is 78. Fair play to him if he makes a come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

There probably is a bigger gap in the market now for an over 30s music based station if today fm are going much younger. If 2fm put Ray Darcy on mid mornings 9/12, he would destroy Dermot and Dave in the ratings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Clegg wrote: »
    That was Tony Fenton.

Larry Gogan is 78. Fair play to him if he makes a come back.

Damn, got my legends mixed up!

Thanks for clarifying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Larry is prehistoric. But the current collective daytime schedule aren't fit to lick his boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I like Larry. He's easy listening, decent music and has THE BEST QUIZ IN THE WORLD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I like Larry. He's easy listening, decent music and has THE BEST QUIZ IN THE WORLD!

He plays decent music on RTE GOLD but no longer on 2FM. The golden hour is playing songs from 2015 (not Larry's fault!!)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Won't happen. It would make no sense for 2FM after all the changes and rebranding as a youth station to rip it all up and start again. Finally stabilised. The quote about Larry returning to daytime was meaningless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It's also from The Sun and we know how accurate they are!

Having said that, if 2fm started targeting my age group again (i.e. those of us over 30), I'd come back to them in a heartbeat. I've long since taken the station off the presets on the car radio. I don't know what the hell people of my age group have done to become so unattractive to radio station managers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

you know if they put Larry's current golden hour on weeknights at 7pm, it would be a lot more suitable to the station format than game on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

you know if they put Larry's current golden hour on weeknights at 7pm, it would be a lot more suitable to the station format than game on.
    I know I'm in the minority but I actually enjoy Game On.
    Except the GAA pieces, they're far too agricultural for my liking.
    But they seem to get the big names in relation to Rugby and soccer pundits, obviously some tie in with the TV panels.

Advertisement