Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 9 | Rock In The Road [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Fox Hound wrote: »
    The whole king thing is pretty awful in fairness...Its actually cringe watching it....I think Negan will put a stop to the kings make believe once he bashes a few skulls...
    Somebody mentioned above about wishing Shane was still here to laugh at the ****e talk that was coming out of the King.

Daryl kind of did. But yeah, the King is stupid, and a crappy storyline. I'm sure it probably comes from the comic books and therefore everyone wants it included in the show too. Doesn't mean it's not rubbish though. I had thought that the Kingdom were going to be a great addition when they first turned up at the end of last year, but what a letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

The whole king thing is pretty awful in fairness...Its actually cringe watching it....I think Negan will put a stop to the kings make believe once he bashes a few skulls...
    Somebody mentioned above about wishing Shane was still here to laugh at the ****e talk that was coming out of the King.,....I totally agree with that....King is by far the worst character in the whole show, and maybe the history of the walking dead, This show is so far removed from season 1 and the writers have lost the plot,...this show is on the verge of getting cancelled

In fairness, the writers are taking a lot of the material from the comics. Ezekiel is somewhat central and a standout character in the comics, for obvious reasons of him being a king and having a tiger, so they couldn't really bypass him in the show.

He was always going to be a divisive character, once transferred to screen. But, the writers could have definitely toned down his "kingisms"

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    No it is not. It was renewed for a 8th season before any of this season aired.

Well if the ratings keep dropping, then they will be putting themselves in serious trouble ....you have to admit it has be bad and this is not going unnoticed by fox or AMC

Pete Moss wrote: »
    In fairness, the writers are taking a lot of the material from the comics. Ezekiel is somewhat central and a standout character in the comics, for obvious reasons of him being a king and having a tiger, so they couldn't really bypass him in the show.

He was always going to be a divisive character, once transferred to screen. But, the writers could have definitely toned down his "kingisms"

Yeah I am a big Fan of the comics and The King comes across as a very good character in it,,,,But it just looks and sounds so forced and childish on TV,..It just doesn't work!!! the Tiger, the way he speaks, its Madness and is bringing the whole show down!....they must be regretting the King at this stage, and not toning him down...Like Negan is too much at times, they must of known that they didn't need the King to be so outrageous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Well if the ratings keep dropping, then they will be putting themselves in serious trouble ....you have to admit it has be bad and this is not going unnoticed by fox or AMC

It was the 3rd most watched show on TV in 2016.
    Amc aren't going to cancel it anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Somebody mentioned above about wishing Shane was still here to laugh at the ****e talk that was coming out of the King.,....I totally agree with that....King is by far the worst character in the whole show, and maybe the history of the walking dead, This show is so far removed from season 1 and the writers have lost the plot,...this show is on the verge of getting cancelled

Lol no it's not. Not by a long shot.

I thought that was a decent return. It moved the plot on considerably. I don't mind Ezekiel too much even though I didn't like him in the comics.

But Gregory...jesus christ, I don't know if it's the actor (it shouldn't be, he's been around the block) or the writing or what....he's woeful. That scene at the beginning was painful. Is he meant to make the viewer laugh, cringe, hate him? All three? The sooner he's gone and Maggie takes over Hilltop the better. Speaking of which, what happened to her after that scene? Not another line!

The Carol thing has just lost me, just send her back to them.

I was glad we didn't see Negan. He doesn't need to be a visible threat. Less is more sometimes. I thought that was a nice idea to have him heard over the walkie talkie though, there was something evocative about it...it was like a little homage to that film Convoy and the 70s CB radio stuff. And Negan's tribute to the late Fat Joey was actually quite funny...'It's a goddamn tragedy' :pac:

The steel cable scene was enjoyable and I liked Rick's knowing smile at the end. It was far from vintage Walking Dead but it was encouraging.

I have lost Patience with the walking dead...some terrible stuff!! I used to care about the characters...but at this stage I couldn't care less if Negan comes in and kills them all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I have lost Patience with the walking dead...some terrible stuff!! I used to care about the characters...but at this stage I couldn't care less if Negan comes in and kills them all!!

Grand! Sure copy and paste this for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Big viewer numbers but big declines happening the last while which is not surprising.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/walking-dead-season-7-ratings-decline-1201941089/

409273.JPG
    These are the 20 most watched shows of 2015-2016, between 18-45 year olds,
    take away the Sports stuff and we are not left with a wealth of viewing, Maybe they wont cancel it after next year...I love the walking dead, ....just I was expecting so much more from this episode, and it didn't deliver,,,I keep watching hoping that it will get better, Unfortunately last nights episode hasn't filled me with confidence...am I the only one that feels like this? am I over reacting? please let me know!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well given that there are so many people here who profess hatred for the show and slate every episode, yet still religiously watch it, I think it's safe for another couple of seasons at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I wonder what Daryl will end up doing at the Kingdom - I would imagine he'll team up with Richard in some capacity, which may lead to a reunion with Carol perhaps? But overall, I wonder how that arc will play out.

Yeah, the great thing about Darryl is, as well as being a great character, he is also an original character so, as a comic reader, they are open ended in what they do.

This new crowd coming in that Rick just met are original characters also.

What I'd like to know is why it takes 200+ people to surround 5?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Rosita's snipe to Tara seemed unnecessary too. They were all smiley at each other at the end of the last episode.

Maybe there'll be some internal beef between the two?

I enjoyed the zombie cheese wire. Wasn't expecting it and it looked great as a wide shot.

I hope they don't start doing 1/2 character-centric episodes again like they did in the first half of the season. It's so painful waiting 6 episodes for anything to actually happen.

We'll probably have to wait 3 weeks until we find out. Next week - Carol on her own. The week after - Morgan, Jesus and Maggie. I really hope they don't do that though and have taken heed of the feedback that surely got to them about that format.

5starpool wrote: »
    We'll probably have to wait 3 weeks until we find out. Next week - Carol on her own. The week after - Morgan, Jesus and Maggie. I really hope they don't do that though and have taken heed of the feedback that surely got to them about that format.

the previews are already on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Thought that was decent enough, I obviously had lower expectations than some if you guys. Storyline moved nicely along for me

For what it's worth Ricks smirk for me totally
    = "YOU are my army!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Wish they had modified the king character in a similar way to the governor. That tiger is woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Wish they had modified the king character in a similar way to the governor. That tiger is woeful.

The tiger looks brutal, plus it's massive what's it eating. Who was the large group at the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

This one got a 5 from me. Nothing really stood out -- even the scene with the two cars cutting up the walkers felt like an exercise in showing they could come up with innovative ways of killing them, instead of something that served the plot.

the previews are already on youtube

I try to actively avoid watching previews or see spoilers. Hopefully your comment means it's not like that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ricks grin = you're my secret army, that the saviours don't know exist yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

The description on the sky guide said something like "a familiar face makes a return", I can't imagine it was about any of the people we actually saw in the episode. So maybe there is someone in this new group that we've met before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The description on the sky guide said something like "a familiar face makes a return", I can't imagine it was about any of the people we actually saw in the episode. So maybe there is someone in this new group that we've met before.
    Was that not Morgan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

or else its ricks familiar smiling face after many episodes of :(

Perhaps it's Heath? The group seem to have completely forgotten that he's been missing for a while now - if it was one of the main group that went missing on a run (without being sure they were bitten), they would without doubt have gone out looking for them.

I'd imagine it's Gabriel though, if anyone. Although Rick didn't seem to be smiling at any one person in particular in that final scene, more just looking around at all of the people he can try to convince to take on Negan with him.

I've noticed too that all of the characters, including this new group, wear dull, washed-out grey/black/brown clothes. While I'm sure it's for ease of camouflage in case they meet unfriendly people, (I'm sure a bright blue coat would give you away if you were trying to hide in a forest!) I find it kind of draining to look at. The only actual colour we see is the bright green of the grass in some scenes.

Anyway, that's just an aside.

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Perhaps it's Heath? The group seem to have completely forgotten that he's been missing for a while now - if it was one of the main group that went missing on a run (without being sure they were bitten), they would without doubt have gone out looking for them.

I'd imagine it's Gabriel though, if anyone. Although Rick didn't seem to be smiling at any one person in particular in that final scene, more just looking around at all of the people he can try to convince to take on Negan with him.

I've noticed too that all of the characters, including this new group, wear dull, washed-out grey/black/brown clothes. While I'm sure it's for ease of camouflage in case they meet unfriendly people, (I'm sure a bright blue coat would give you away if you were trying to hide in a forest!) I find it kind of draining to look at. The only actual colour we see is the bright green of the grass in some scenes.

Anyway, that's just an aside.
    what about this bad boy Negan wears
    409384.jpg

what about this bad boy Negan wears
    409384.jpg

That's probably just for the viewers, to set him apart from all the other grey drones :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

"What the hell you telling me for? We both had sex with the same dead guy. It doesn't make us friends."

I have to say I found the exchange between Rosita and Sasha completely out of place, considering the scene between them in the previous episode before the break...

giphy.gif

Maybe they're building Rosita up to be angrier and more irrational before she eventually snaps.

Advertisement