Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 9 | Rock In The Road [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dicanio

Still reckon S1 was the best of the lot. Everything since has lacked any gravitas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Gravitas?

In a show about zombies and the ensuing apocalypse?

Do me a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

dicanio wrote: »
    Still reckon S1 was the best of the lot. Everything since has lacked any gravitas.
    I agree with you,
    Season 1 didn't have notions about itself

Gravitas?

Do me a favour.

Well, that's what it is today. The odd zombie jamboree amid strained conversations and pained expressions. It's woeful.

S1 at least had some humanity. Morgan's performance in it was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Re Rosita, we have seen her going all bipolar with people before, depending on the day of the week...Spencer, Eugene, even Abraham so I didn't find that exchange with Sasha that out of character, even allowing for the moment they shared the previous episode. She's a very hot and cold individual and I imagine in front of a group especially she prefers to maintain a tough, non emotional posture. One on one in private she let's her emotional guard down more as seen with all 4 in various times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Really Rosita, we have seen her going all bipolar with people before, depending on the day of the week...Spencer, Eugene, even Abraham so I didn't find that exchange with Sasha that out of character, even allowing for the moment they shared the previous episode. She's a very hot and cold individual and I imagine in front of a group especially she prefers to maintain a tough, non emotional posture. One on one in private she let's her emotional guard down more as seen with all 4 in various times.

On the plus side, she's a hottie.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Those people surrounding the group, they all seemed to be dressed similarly, in black. Kinda like a big old emo gang. That makes me wonder. How did the Amish fare? Used to farming. Fairly spread out. Ample supply of hand tools. They could save them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

Where the gang that Rick and the crew met at the end not the same group that Tara met i.e the group of women. I initially thought they were and that perhaps Heath came across them and is the male with the face cover.

billyhead wrote: »
    Where the gang that Rick and the crew met at the end not the same group that Tara met i.e the group of women. I initially thought they were and that perhaps Heath came across them and is the male with the face cover.

no. simple answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

billyhead wrote: »

I thought that, but looked back and there's men in the group.

I think the lad with the boots who followed Rick and Aaron back from the boat and was watching Gabriel, hopped the wall and forced Gabe to empty the pantry in retaliation.
    He wrote the boat message to lure Rick to his group.

I reckon Rick is smiling at Gabe at the end..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I had totally forgot about Heath until he was mentioned here.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I had totally forgot about Heath until he was mentioned here.

He is starring in 24 now so he will probably get an exit episode so more than likely this will be it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I actually quite enjoyed this episode, was good to see Rick and co getting ready for a fight opposed to earlier episodes where they were cowering to Negan, I thought the music was brilliant as well, really added to the tone of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

Gravitas?

Gravitas isn't precluded by the setting. It can, however, be precluded by the writing, no matter what the setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

MarkR wrote: »
    Those people surrounding the group, they all seemed to be dressed similarly, in black. Kinda like a big old emo gang. That makes me wonder. How did the Amish fare? Used to farming. Fairly spread out. Ample supply of hand tools. They could save them all!

I think this was actually addressed in the show. In season 2, Dale said something to Rick about how the Amish folk had thrived during the outbreak, but Hershel corrected him and told him they'd been wiped out.

Dale then apologised for his confusion and said it must have been Amishunderstanding.

Pete Moss wrote: »
    I think this was actually addressed in the show. In season 2, Dale said something to Rick about how the Amish folk had thrived during the outbreak, but Hershel corrected him and told him they'd been wiped out.

Dale then apologised for his confusion and said it must have been Amishunderstanding.

How long have you waited to use that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

espisode was fine , i enjoyed it but i miss shane...

arayess wrote: »
    espisode was fine , i enjoyed it but i miss shane...

The same Shane that is gone about 5/6 years now............

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Oh come on, everyone misses Shane....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I have literally just finished rewatching season 1 and thought the same about Shane. I also had forgotten how the episodes were so tense and exciting with danger at every turn compared to now where a 1000 strong zombie herd is a minor inconvenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

yeah that guy

i thought he was a good character and the friend / non friend buzz with rick had more mileage

sabhail wrote: »

Oh come on, everyone misses Shane....

Not really the point! I mean the show is completely different now! It's in cartoon territory so hard to even remember what it was like with him! The post just seemed like a "aww I'm starting to miss a character that's gone half a decade"!

Scraggs wrote: »
    I have literally just finished rewatching season 1 and thought the same about Shane. I also had forgotten how the episodes were so tense and exciting with danger at every turn compared to now where a 1000 strong zombie herd is a minor inconvenience.

That's different though! Your familiarity with the character is fresh! I thought Shane was brilliant also but I don't "miss him" at this stage, pas in I'm over the fact he has gone! His death was extremely important to progress the show also and influence Rick to develop into the leader he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I enjoyed everything about the episode aside from the Kingdom stuff.

Ezekial and the Kingdom is some of the worst and corniest sh*t I have ever seen.

Cringe worthy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gallery-1487076284-screen-shot-2017-02-14-at-122853-pm.jpg

gallery-1487076346-screen-shot-2017-02-14-at-122901-pm.jpg

zerks wrote: »
    gallery-1487076284-screen-shot-2017-02-14-at-122853-pm.jpg

gallery-1487076346-screen-shot-2017-02-14-at-122901-pm.jpg

Have I missed all the theories on who this is?

dicanio wrote: »
    Have I missed all the theories on who this is?

I think the lad with the boots who followed Rick and Aaron back from the boat and was watching Gabriel, hopped the wall and forced Gabe to empty the pantry in retaliation.
    He wrote the boat message to lure Rick to his group.

I reckon Rick is smiling at Gabe at the end..

Advertisement