Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will ulster bank card work with android pay?

• 03-02-2017 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I tried to connect my new contactless debit card with android pay but it says my bank may not be participating yet. Are there any plans on ulster bank doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

None that the public have been told about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dad racer

It seems android pay is available in ulster bank in the north but not here

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TheTomahawk

Ulster Bank,

Now that you are accepting apple pay, do you have a timeframe for when you will also accept android pay?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zombiemonkey81

At the minute it is recognising my ulster bank debit card, however when it comes to the finalisation of the setup. It says please contact your bank. So I'm assuming it will be rolled out very soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

At the minute it is recognising my ulster bank debit card, however when it comes to the finalisation of the setup. It says please contact your bank. So I'm assuming it will be rolled out very soon

Why would you assume that ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 zombiemonkey81

peteb2 wrote: »
    Why would you assume that ??
    Because up until this point it wouldn't even recognise an Ulster Bank card, it just used to say that your bank hasn't signed up (or something to that effect). When it initially rolled out in the Republic it was only AIB and KBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Interesting. Perhaps batch 2 of banks in the Android Pay Ireland roll out is on the way shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Because up until this point it wouldn't even recognise an Ulster Bank card, it just used to say that your bank hasn't signed up (or something to that effect). When it initially rolled out in the Republic it was only AIB and KBC.

But it said that on day one of android pay. I'm with Ulster bank myself . And tried at start as I know the north have it. But nada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

This is working as of this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TheTomahawk

Yep, for me to.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/android-pay-now-available-for-ulster-bank-customers-787932.html

Thanks, Ulster Bank.
    (now if only Bank of Ireland would catch up...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I just set this up for the first time and when I tried to use it to pay for something the device in the shop said card not supported.
    Anybody seen this happen ?

Advertisement