Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tendon trouble

• 03-02-2017 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi all

I am reasonably healthy and fit, I swim and jog and have a healthy BMI
    Don't do weights or the gym or anything like that, never had any problems with injuries.

Felt intense heat in my outer thigh since Sunday, no recollection of injury, thought it would pass, but it didn't, it was constant and consistent and made no difference whether I was moving around or resting, worse at night.
    I decided to go to the GP yesterday, she checked everything and said it was a tendon, no swelling whatsoever. God a prescription for anti inflammatory I felt some relief after taking the first one but now I find they are making no difference.
    Any one any experience of tendon trouble, thanks for taking the time to read my post:):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Where exactly you thigh? Did she say what tendon it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Yintang

To be honest, you might be better off seeing a physio/physical therapist who could give you more specific information. They'll work on the affected area and give you homecare advice and exercises to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

^^^ This.

Don't waste your time and money seeing a GP for injuries like this.

A physiotherapist is what you need to get assessed and get your recovery started properly.

Advertisement