Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert subject preference

Options
  • 03-02-2017 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

What subjects did ye do for the leaving cert? Did ye like them or did ye not like them! Ty student here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Ron603

I'm in 6th year and I'm doing; biology, chemistry, art and Spanish.

I find biology to be very boring and tedious even though I enjoyed it in the junior cycle. The course is so broad and it 99% rote learning.

I like chemistry because it's interesting yet it is stressful at times. It requires more understanding than rote learning.

I actually moved from physics to art at the beginning of 4th year because I found physics to be boring(trying to find the frequency of a stretched string 0_o). I got a B in art in the Junior cert, I could have gotten an A but I didn't put in much effort. I enjoy art, the atmosphere in class is so much more relaxed. Art history is fine. You don't have to be an amazing artist, you just need to be passionate about it.

Spanish is just bog standard, I did it for the JC so I had no other choice than keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

Ron603 wrote: »
    I'm in 6th year and I'm doing; biology, chemistry, art and Spanish.

I find biology to be very boring and tedious even though I enjoyed it in the junior cycle. The course is so broad and it 99% rote learning.

I like chemistry because it's interesting yet it is stressful at times. It requires more understanding than rote learning.

I actually moved from physics to art at the beginning of 4th year because I found physics to be boring(trying to find the frequency of a stretched string 0_o). I got a B in art in the Junior cert, I could have gotten an A but I didn't put in much effort. I enjoy art, the atmosphere in class is so much more relaxed. Art history is fine. You don't have to be an amazing artist, you just need to be passionate about it.

Spanish is just bog standard, I did it for the JC so I had no other choice than keep it up.

Thanks for the reply! Yea I heard biology is tedious and boring but can be interesting! Not sure if I'll like physics though

• Registered Users Posts: 7 browscb

Sb567 wrote: »
    What subjects did ye do for the leaving cert? Did ye like them or did ye not like them! Ty student here

Agricultural Science. I don't come from a strong farming background but I'm currently sitting on a strong grade. As long as you learn your terms, breeds and grasses you'll be fine in this subject. It's probably the subject I look forward to most each week, personally, I find it really enjoyable!

Biology. Requires so much work and effort! Despite studying for the subject tirelessly, giving it the most attention, it was still the subject I did the worst in. If you're not going to put your head down from September onwards with this subject and actually be willing to find time to learn, I wouldn't advise doing this subject because you'll only land yourself in a mountain of work that can't be crammed in overnight!

Business. This is a nice subject, can be slightly uninteresting at times because some of it's common sense you may previously know. Exam questions can be hard to interpret so I'd advise practising them regularly, I find when I practise them before a test with the aid of marking schemes etc., I preform better than I would without exam papers. If you learn your stuff, you're honestly guranteee a high grade, if you're half arsed you'd still probably pull off a high C.

Advertisement