Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complete breakdown

• 04-02-2017 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been lying in bed for the last two hours crying and shaking incessantly, struggling to catch my breath. This is third night in a row. I have screwed my education up. I can't attain the GPA i need. I haven't told anyone. I realise this isn't the end of the world but still for some reason I can't stop crying. I can't stop thinking about my mum and how devastated she'd be if I took my life - I'm not really considering it. I have. But I am not right noe. I realise I'm overreacting but I can hardly breath. I don't know how to calm down and sleep. I have no one to talk to so I needed to share this somewhere

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

It mightnt be the end of the world but it's upsetting you so it's important.
    Could you speak to a college counsellor? Talking with someone might help.
    You're right to think of your mother. She would be devestated if anything happened to you. She'd also be upset if she knew you were trying to deal with this on your own. Talk to her. Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Mrs Woman

No it it's definitely not the end of the world but you're really shaken up and upset. Are you feeling any better today?

As the other poster said, your mother wouldn't want you to deal with this alone nor would she think you should be in that state over anything. Do you have an aunt or a sibling you could tell because sometimes another persons perspective can really bring us back to reality. Reality is never as terrible as a fear based perception.

You WILL be ok and you'll get through this

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nonrev

I've been there and know how difficult it can be
    My best friend was the person I spoke to first even before family and he helped brilliantly he insisted on coming to my GP with me and spoke to the doctor about his concern for me before I went in
    It helped very much and once I started talking to family and friends I didn't believe the fuss I'd got myself into about something that was very important to me but not the most important thing in the world
    My advice is speak to a very close friend or go to your GP and all should be ok in what seems like an age but is a very short time indeed

Advertisement