Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piggy back networks.

Options
  • 04-02-2017 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

The best coverage for my location is 3. Wanted to know if any of the other networks piggy back off this network ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

sunny2004 wrote: »
    The best coverage for my location is 3. Wanted to know if any of the other networks piggy back off this network ?

Tesco, lyca,48,iD, Virgin Media all do. I think the only one that doesn't is postfone who piggyback off Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

To quote Karsini
    Karsini wrote: »
    Not true. Tesco and Lyca are on the old O2 (272-02) network only. ID and VM are on the actual Three (272-05) network.

The networks are yet to fully merge so if 3 Coverage is good you cannot say Tesco or Lyca will also be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

Look at the Tesco Mobile 3G coverage map. Some serious holes in Galway and Mayo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

So there is no way of knowing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sunny2004 wrote: »
    So there is no way of knowing. :(

No there is. iD and Virgin will have the same coverage.

iDs network doesnt work and Virgin cant receive codes from Banks etc so sticking with Three, IMO, is the best plan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

ED E wrote: »
    No there is. iD and Virgin will have the same coverage.

iDs network doesnt work and Virgin cant receive codes from Banks etc so sticking with Three, IMO, is the best plan.

I've been using ID as my main sim for months now with no issues.

I've also got a virgin sim in, can confirm some issues with receiving automated sms.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They all have cheap sims available. Try porting to one for a month, see how you get on.

Advertisement