Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alex Jones on Joe Rogan Experience

• 04-02-2017 3:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭

I am not a conspiracy theorist. Just someone who increasingly feels MSM is agenda-driven bull****.

But I like listening to stuff like JRE and he had Alex Jones on there yesterday. Now I always thought this guy was largely a crank with some interesting ideas because he has been discredited so much.

But just listening to him, he has a massive breadth of knowledge. His gestalt bit in the video sounds insane and he doesn't back stuff up but he really does have a formidable brain.

Here's the video.
    https://youtu.be/UZPCp8SPfOM

I was actually quite impressed.
    What I'm always looking for is stuff that has real truth to it but I feel that stuff like infowars goes too far and has its own agenda. Can anyone recommend stuff that opens your mind to what's really going on but doesn't go too far.
    I'm tempted to check out Infowars after watching him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Haha, I just came on the Conspiracy Forum to post the same thing.

Alex Jones has been saying for a while that "there's no row with Joe, I offer to be on his show all the time, and he just never asks me on". tbh, I thought Rogan was distancing himself from Jones, as Jones can be very controversial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I am not a conspiracy theorist. Just someone who increasingly feels MSM is agenda-driven bull****.

"Main stream media" consists of thousands of outlets across the world, including many that broke stories re Manning, Assange, Snowden, Panama Papers, droping scandals, cash for honors, etc, etc the list goes on and on. Established and respected journalists, veteran reporters, independents, freelancers from all over the world. Outlets from countries (e.g. Scandinavian) considered by press freedom indices as among the most free in the world.

Obviously it's pretty understandable if someone has a problem the Murdoch press, or French right-wing broadsheets, or Fox new, or UK tabloids, etc.. but to take issue with "all of it" is a bit bizarre

One of the only explanations is that someone has a world view that is pretty much incompatible with reality

Ultra left-wing, ultra right-wing, conspiracy theorists, history revisionists, etc - contradictory fringe world views, but often use the convenient "mainstream media is lies" trope

As for the likes of Alex Jones - he has zero interest in the truth, reality or facts.. he lives in a conjured paranoid fantasy, which he markets extremely well to others of the same persuasion.. and makes a lot of money doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I watched some of that Joe rogan/Alex jones interview. I like Joe, but he's not above falling for conspiracy theories. The rational side of his brain tells him he can't jump to conclusions but it's clear he has a weakness for conspiracies. He did he's best to keep Jones from running off on rants but kind of glossed over the more crazier things he was saying to keep him on track.

The problem I have with Jones is he jumps to a lot of conclusions, he constantly says he knows all these high up people and they're feeding him all this information but that's just him saying it for the most part, there's no way to really back up what he's saying because Jones is the only one with access to this highly confidential information apparently.

The other problem is, smart people can have stupid opinions. Someone could be a genius at advanced mathematics but still hold crackpot theories on things they know little about. Just because someone was in a position of power doesn't make them infallible.

Every time I watch an Alex Jones video I don't understand how anyone could watch him and see anything other than utter lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Silent Shrill

RT news/channel on sky has some good programmes. The Russians seem to be more aware than Europeans concerning truth. Alex Jones is just another windbag looking for a story. He jumps on any bandwagon that is becoming popular......even if at one stage he devalued the notion. MSM, (on the whole), is crap.
    Since utube, thousands of nuts can suddenly be on "tv". Most believe one notion, then imitate it, or..... simply take ones belief, (for instance, dwellings built into rock), and say,....NO.......the whole mountain was a city built using concrete & rebar.
    Both bring thoughts into your head of, "yes, either is possible". One man claims giants.......miles high........used to live on Earth, and are now resting as rocks.......petrified. But then the same man has proof that human dna was found in many rocks he owns.
    The whole thing is meant to confuse. Those that are putting out this stuff want others to believe in them, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. Alex Jones, and many others are making money out of it. The government make money out of you & I, do you believe all they say?
    Do not be led into a belief which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The truth never changes.

Since I started watching utube vids, only a few years ago, I have watched certain utubers go from "end of the world" in 2013-4, to "end of the World" next month. They're nuts! Flat Earthers.......they're nuts!
    MSM is entertainment. Sure........you'll come across a few real truths, but they've been documented, they are already public knowledge. Just because you or I may not have known that is no-ones fault but ours. To seriously investigate any conspiracy you are interested in requires "research". Forget MSM, libraries and old newspapers is where it's at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I wish he just had Alex on there on his own. That other guy ruined the flow of a lot of stuff with his butting in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Stone joining Alex and his team is a clear indication Jones is on a payroll there, he did serious damage to HRC during the campaign, to the point she called him out during a rally, as did Obama. Funny stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

alex is so full of **** but passes it off as truth and anyone who speaks up against him is fake news

lets not forget this beauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoN7ozXoT3w

alex is so full of **** but passes it off as truth and anyone who speaks up against him is fake news

peteeeed wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoN7ozXoT3w

I think most of his fans know the majority of the stuff he says is bs tbh.

He's an entertaining character.

the worrying thin is he is in bed with trump spreading his ultra christian views

look at this heavily doctored video , something he accuses every one else of on the rogon podcast

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-update-feminists-chant-allahu-akbar-at-womens-march-and-more/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I listened to that podcast, and although Jones says alot of wild stuff that could potentially be true, he really is good at avoidance.

He says things like he's gone deep into research in data that is freely available...but never cites any of these places where the data is available.
    Then he evades by saying the people high up are feeding him this information....now why a secret society would would feed information to him that is supposed to be a secret is another story.
    Joe done well in stopping him a few times and asking him to explain, but then he gets rather shouty and swings to a new topic.

I think that Jones is a really smart guy but also very evasive when asked to present evidence. So his CT's remain CT's, he didn't really prove anything whihc he claimed he would numerous times.

His documentary on Bohemian Grove was fairly entertaining if anyone hasn't seen it.

the worrying thin is he is in bed with trump spreading his ultra christian views

look at this heavily doctored video , something he accuses every one else of on the rogon podcast

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-update-feminists-chant-allahu-akbar-at-womens-march-and-more/

In fairness to Jones here, even though he cut a clip from Germany, all he's doing is showing how accepting the west is becoming towards what he believes is a oppressive culture. The Woman's march was organised by someone who's pro Sharia Law, and during the march Americans were kitting themselves out in hijabs.

That said I know what you mean, there's probably 1000's of news items on the site where they use the same technique.

In fairness to Jones here, even though he cut a clip from Germany, all he's doing is showing how accepting the west is becoming towards what he believes is a oppressive culture. The Woman's march was organised by someone who's pro Sharia Law, and during the march Americans were kitting themselves out in hijabs.
    From what I can see he has an underlying fundamentalist Christian ethos that's influencing his news. When his rants go on for a while once he runs out of nonsense "facts" he starts going on about the devil and satan worshipers in Hollywood sucking the soles out of children. Everything is a sugar coating for that agenda. He believes in satan and he believes the global economy is satan's tool.

ScumLord wrote: »
    From what I can see he has an underlying fundamentalist Christian ethos that's influencing his news. When his rants go on for a while once he runs out of nonsense "facts" he starts going on about the devil and satan worshipers in Hollywood sucking the soles out of children. Everything is a sugar coating for that agenda. He believes in satan and he believes the global economy is satan's tool.

That's 100% true. I watch him now and again, more so for the comedic value and he doesn't try to hide it. It's an open thing.

I wouldn't call him a racist though, or alt right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

The hilarious thing is that he thinks every single thing is a government false flag and now he supports someone who thinks there should be more government reaction to the false flags.
    I call full blown mental ilness on Jones, I used to think maybe it was an act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jones isn't remotely mentally ill he's a highly intelligent businessman who has become a multi-millionaire peddling lies to vulnerable people.

The talk-show is a side protect for him now, one that's used to advertise his own-brand snakeoil "vitamins", miracle cures, brain-enhancers and doomsday prepping crap.

The more outrageous his lies, the more people believe him and the more junk he sells them.

That's 100% true. I watch him now and again, more so for the comedic value and he doesn't try to hide it. It's an open thing.

I wouldn't call him a racist though, or alt right.
    No, never got the impression he's a racist. He's probably alt-alt-alt right, I don't think he represents the average right leaning person at all, not even alt-right. But he does seem to consider himself news and that infowars he works for (setup?) has loads of more credible looking and sounding people saying the same kind of stuff. People do get sucked into their entertainment. I think someone in that company knows exactly what they're doing but Alex does seem pretty genuine, and I trust Joe Rogan, so if he says Jones is a decent person he probably is.

America seems to be able to make people very paranoid, the problem is a lot on conspiracies are based on true events, America has done some horrible things to it's own citizens not to mention the rest of the world. But infowars is borderline inciting hatred at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

...and I trust Joe Rogan...
    I wouldn't. He doesn't believe in the moon landings, so his critical thinking skills are in doubt.

Edit: Actually I take that back. Seems he's gone back on that a few years ago.

King Mob wrote: »
    I wouldn't. He doesn't believe in the moon landings, so his critical thinking skills are in doubt.

Edit: Actually I take that back. Seems he's gone back on that a few years ago.
    I've heard him talk about the moon landings, and I did say he has a weakness for conspiracy theories. Last time I heard him talk about it he was more or less accepting it probably did happen he just thinks there's something funky going on. Like he did a TV show where he went looking for big foot, while extremely high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

His documentary on Bohemian Grove was fairly entertaining if anyone hasn't seen it.

Is that one with all the old lads pissing on trees and wearing capes. I think it's on YouTube.

That was entertaining if not hilarious by the end

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Joe seemed aghast when Alex was suggesting that there were human colonies on the dark side of the moon. He wanted Alex to go into it, but Alex went on some other rant instead.

No, never got the impression he's a racist. He's probably alt-alt-alt right, I don't think he represents the average right leaning person at all, not even alt-right. But he does seem to consider himself news and that infowars he works for (setup?) has loads of more credible looking and sounding people saying the same kind of stuff. People do get sucked into their entertainment. I think someone in that company knows exactly what they're doing but Alex does seem pretty genuine, and I trust Joe Rogan, so if he says Jones is a decent person he probably is.

America seems to be able to make people very paranoid, the problem is a lot on conspiracies are based on true events, America has done some horrible things to it's own citizens not to mention the rest of the world. But infowars is borderline inciting hatred at this point.

It's a propaganda arm for Trump at this stage. Once Rodger Stone got involved Jones changed his tune completely, I think he was for Ted Cruz initially. Whoever it was, it wasn't Trump.

Stone set up an interview with Trump and it went from there, then Stone started appearing on the show regularly. They sold t-shirts "Hillary for Prison" and Bill Clinton shirts saying rape, and paid people 1k and 5k a piece for getting on TV calling Bill Clinton a rapist, depending on if they wore the shirts and mentioned infowars.

I'd bet a decent amount Stone/Trump were funding it to combat the Trump pussy leak. It got so out of hand with people crashing TV interviews and rallies HRC and Obama called Jones out by name.

I saw the Trump/Jones interview. I figured that Jones got a huge man crush on Trump just because Trump gave him the time of day. But money makes much more sense.

The videos he put up talking about Trump around the inaugurations were crazy, he was making out Trump to be the second coming of Christ and said he'll be releasing all the special medicines that allow hollywood actors to live forever, and also releasing all the renewable technologies that actually work but are being kept from us.

I'd actually feel more comfortable knowing it's all a money making con, the thought that the president of the United States believes all this stuff is really scary.

I saw the Trump/Jones interview. I figured that Jones got a huge man crush on Trump just because Trump gave him the time of day. But money makes much more sense.

The videos he put up talking about Trump around the inaugurations were crazy, he was making out Trump to be the second coming of Christ and said he'll be releasing all the special medicines that allow hollywood actors to live forever, and also releasing all the renewable technologies that actually work but are being kept from us.

I'd actually feel more comfortable knowing it's all a money making con, the thought that the president of the United States believes all this stuff is really scary.

Yeah he was definitely paid imo. Rodger Stone is a shady character and the tshirt thing is right out of his ilk. Stone was officially working for Trump but had to take a step because he made racist comments towards some democrat I think. Here's one of the Obama videos for giggles.

So who will be responsible for the next false flag? Trump or the illuminati?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Jones is a creation of Time Warner, Infowars is operated by Time Warner of Billionaire Ted Turner, so is HBO and CNN, conflict of interest? CNN? polar views to Jones.

If you believe the other conspiracy about Jones himself, he was hired by Ted Turner to provide the right wing view and push it mainstream, It's hard to know what your looking at is real or a made up character these days, there's a you tube video of someone calling him Bill at a private party and he laughs it off in a smug kind of way. While I don't believe the Bill Hicks conspiracy about him, it was a bit mad to see his reaction.

Jones is a creation of Time Warner, Infowars is operated by Time Warner of Billionaire Ted Turner, so is HBO and CNN, conflict of interest? CNN? polar views to Jones.
    If Time warner own infowars there should be a paper trail to show it.

I hadn't heard the Alex Jones is actually Bill Hicks theorie, it's pretty mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

If Time warner own infowars there should be a paper trail to show it.

I hadn't heard the Alex Jones is actually Bill Hicks theorie, it's pretty mental.

Here you go bit mad, forgrt all the numerology rubbish the narrator is talking about.

Time Warner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My perception of alex jones:

He's a ****ing lunatic. This is what happens when you absorb a ton of trivial information and make absurdly terrible conclusions about them.

Overheal wrote: »
    My perception of alex jones:

He's a ****ing lunatic. This is what happens when you absorb a ton of trivial information and make absurdly terrible conclusions about them.

drunk story time

I was just listening to another section of the podcast near the end last night where Jones actually presents the tax reforms that Trump has set out.
    Eye opening stuff when there is actual evidence provided with Jones' avalanche of words.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was just listening to another section of the podcast near the end last night where Jones actually presents the tax reforms that Trump has set out.

Here's the document they were looking at from Trump.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/trump-tax-reform.pdf

It's very simplistic and basically says all the right things to appease the majority. People will love to hear all this stuff but I don't know how possible it is to achieve. It all depends on the assumption that he'll lower taxes, companies will start hiring Americans because of this and the state will take in less tax from more people.

It simply ignores the fact that they will still have to compete with low wage economies around the world, and unless Americans are willing to be paid wages as low as $2 a day then those jobs aren't going back to the states. And part of his plan is to eliminate minimum wage to isn't it? So maybe wages could go that low.

I think it's only really going to help corporations and people that can hide behind corporations. As much as he says he's going to remove loopholes by taking the reins off indigenous businesses it just creates more places to hide.

I still don't believe he's going to make people like himself pay more tax, he's basically saying he's going to screw himself to help the less well off which isn't in line with how he has treated people to date.

he got destroyed by john oliver on his show but what was worrying is how much of a relationship he has with trump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Yeah that Jihadi apologizing upstanding John Oliver - Alex Jones is a lunatic but I´d give him more time then that hate monger John Oliver...

• Advertisement

With the what now?

Yeah that Jihadi apologizing upstanding John Oliver - Alex Jones is a lunatic but I´d give him more time then that hate monger John Oliver...

john oliver is a ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Uhm, could you please substantiate that comment somehow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

He seemed somewhat laid back when chatting with Joe. Maybe it was the whiskey but he came across a tad more amiable then he does on his infowars show.

Passenger wrote: »
    He seemed somewhat laid back when chatting with Joe. Maybe it was the whiskey but he came across a tad more amiable then he does on his infowars show.

because there was a filter in joe instead of alex spewing out bile with nobody to reign him in

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

But I like listening to stuff like JRE and he had Alex Jones on there yesterday. Now I always thought this guy was largely a crank with some interesting ideas because he has been discredited so much.

But just listening to him, he has a massive breadth of knowledge. His gestalt bit in the video sounds insane and he doesn't back stuff up but he really does have a formidable brain.

Here's the video.
    https://youtu.be/UZPCp8SPfOM

I was actually quite impressed.
    What I'm always looking for is stuff that has real truth to it but I feel that stuff like infowars goes too far and has its own agenda. Can anyone recommend stuff that opens your mind to what's really going on but doesn't go too far.
    I'm tempted to check out Infowars after watching him.

Nobody is a conspiracy theorist. That's just a slur that people use to embarrass truth seekers into shutting their mouths.

Apparently if you believe everything the government tells you and that they do everything in their power to watch your back and would never put your life or health in danger if it were to benefit them, then you are normal.

If, on the other hand, you are suspicious of the government and are even justified by their numerous lies and crimes (Gulf of Tonkin, Watergate, Iran/Contra, WMDs, etc.) then you are a "conspiracy theorist nutjob"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

HensVassal wrote: »
    Nobody is a conspiracy theorist. That's just a slur that people use to embarrass truth seekers into shutting their mouths.

Apparently if you believe everything the government tells you and that they do everything in their power to watch your back and would never put your life or health in danger if it were to benefit them, then you are normal.

If, on the other hand, you are suspicious of the government and are even justified by their numerous lies and crimes (Gulf of Tonkin, Watergate, Iran/Contra, WMDs, etc.) then you are a "conspiracy theorist nutjob"

Most "conspiracy theorists" in the general sense aren't so much seeking the truth - they are seeking conspiracies or to validate a particular view of the world

In my experience people who believe in chem-trails don't necessarily go to meteorology and scientific forums - they go to conspiracy forums

The theories themselves are usually a little more fantastical than the typical daily conspiracies (doping scandals, political sleaze, corruption cases).. and are often more based on suspicion, beliefs, shared views rather than solid facts/evidence

In one sense its harmless stuff, in another it can be quite dangerous - so it's important to sort the real from the not-so-real

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Most "conspiracy theorists" in the general sense aren't so much seeking the truth - they are seeking conspiracies or to validate a particular view of the world

In my experience people who believe in chem-trails don't necessarily go to meteorology and scientific forums - they go to conspiracy forums

The theories themselves are usually a little more fantastical than the typical daily conspiracies (doping scandals, political sleaze, corruption cases).. and are often more based on suspicion, beliefs, shared views rather than solid facts/evidence

In one sense its harmless stuff, in another it can be quite dangerous - so it's important to sort the real from the not-so-real

Very good point. Personally I think that Alex is on the government payroll. He is paid to mix up what I believe are legitimate coverups (9/11) with absolute nonsense (chemtrails, juice boxes making you gay, etc.) thereby completely discrediting the real elephants in the room.

If I was say, the British government and was aware, nay complicit in collusion with Loyalist death squads and various other nefarious activities (which we know are true) and people started to get suspicious of my dirty tricks, I'd employ someone like Jones and give him a platform to vent outrage at my murderous affiliations and crimes. But I would also have him prattle on about alien abductions and Satan cults and martians and crap like that, the effect being that anyone asking questions about my collusion with loyalist paramilitaries immediately looks like a nutcase and will be easy to silence by saying they are lunatics who obviously believe in paranormal bullshit.

the main problem with him now is he broadcasts for 6 days a week for hours on end . so he needs content , loads of content , he used to broadcast he a spare room in his house . he now employs between 50 and 75 people . there is big business in this crap and when he is found out like with pizzagate he steps away from it blaming the media for inventing it to trap him when he spewed out loads of content about it and how he knew everything about it

Putting a new label on it doesn't change anything, it's just positive spin versus negative spin.

The problem with the "truth seekers" movement is that they don't want truth, they want to prove what they believe is true. Jones starts with a grain of truth and then starts freestyling a narrative that only exists inside his own head. If there were secret conspiracies going on he knows far too much about them, we have too many details, and the details are coming from people that shouldn't have that kind of information.
    If I was say, the British government and was aware, nay complicit in collusion with Loyalist death squads and various other nefarious activities (which we know are true) and people started to get suspicious of my dirty tricks, I'd employ someone like Jones and give him a platform to vent outrage at my murderous affiliations and crimes. But I would also have him prattle on about alien abductions and Satan cults and martians and crap like that, the effect being that anyone asking questions about my collusion with loyalist paramilitaries immediately looks like a nutcase and will be easy to silence by saying they are lunatics who obviously believe in paranormal bullshit.
    I guess it could happen. But it's a big investment on something that probably won't work. Alex Jones is believable to a minority and entertainment to everybody else.
    the main problem with him now is he broadcasts for 6 days a week for hours on end . so he needs content , loads of content ,
    He's getting quite artistic about it too, this has to be one of the best intros he's done.

what you don't find in Somalia or Sweden is alex jones but he's an expert on them now that he's master mr trump has talked about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Some of what he has said actually turned out to be true, not that it gives him any credibility. Bohemian grove and the trilateral commission are very real.

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    Some of what he has said actually turned out to be true, not that it gives him any credibility. Bohemian grove and the trilateral commission are very real.

yeah but bohemian grove he filmed with jon ronson and their reports of what happened were vastly different

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    That's his tactic though. He uses snippets of truth as a basis for his insane rants.

That's his tactic though. He uses snippets of truth as a basis for his insane rants.

exactly one minute you cant trust the FBI or the CIA and the next he's quoting leaked FBI and CIA documents

• Advertisement
Advertisement