Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones on Joe Rogan Experience

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Overheal wrote: »
    My perception of alex jones:

He's a ****ing lunatic. This is what happens when you absorb a ton of trivial information and make absurdly terrible conclusions about them.

drunk story time

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was just listening to another section of the podcast near the end last night where Jones actually presents the tax reforms that Trump has set out.
    Eye opening stuff when there is actual evidence provided with Jones' avalanche of words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was just listening to another section of the podcast near the end last night where Jones actually presents the tax reforms that Trump has set out.

Here's the document they were looking at from Trump.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/trump-tax-reform.pdf

It's very simplistic and basically says all the right things to appease the majority. People will love to hear all this stuff but I don't know how possible it is to achieve. It all depends on the assumption that he'll lower taxes, companies will start hiring Americans because of this and the state will take in less tax from more people.

It simply ignores the fact that they will still have to compete with low wage economies around the world, and unless Americans are willing to be paid wages as low as $2 a day then those jobs aren't going back to the states. And part of his plan is to eliminate minimum wage to isn't it? So maybe wages could go that low.

I think it's only really going to help corporations and people that can hide behind corporations. As much as he says he's going to remove loopholes by taking the reins off indigenous businesses it just creates more places to hide.

I still don't believe he's going to make people like himself pay more tax, he's basically saying he's going to screw himself to help the less well off which isn't in line with how he has treated people to date.

he got destroyed by john oliver on his show but what was worrying is how much of a relationship he has with trump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Yeah that Jihadi apologizing upstanding John Oliver - Alex Jones is a lunatic but I´d give him more time then that hate monger John Oliver...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

With the what now?

Yeah that Jihadi apologizing upstanding John Oliver - Alex Jones is a lunatic but I´d give him more time then that hate monger John Oliver...

john oliver is a ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Uhm, could you please substantiate that comment somehow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

He seemed somewhat laid back when chatting with Joe. Maybe it was the whiskey but he came across a tad more amiable then he does on his infowars show.

Passenger wrote: »
    He seemed somewhat laid back when chatting with Joe. Maybe it was the whiskey but he came across a tad more amiable then he does on his infowars show.

because there was a filter in joe instead of alex spewing out bile with nobody to reign him in

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

I am not a conspiracy theorist. Just someone who increasingly feels MSM is agenda-driven bull****.

But I like listening to stuff like JRE and he had Alex Jones on there yesterday. Now I always thought this guy was largely a crank with some interesting ideas because he has been discredited so much.

But just listening to him, he has a massive breadth of knowledge. His gestalt bit in the video sounds insane and he doesn't back stuff up but he really does have a formidable brain.

Here's the video.
    https://youtu.be/UZPCp8SPfOM

I was actually quite impressed.
    What I'm always looking for is stuff that has real truth to it but I feel that stuff like infowars goes too far and has its own agenda. Can anyone recommend stuff that opens your mind to what's really going on but doesn't go too far.
    I'm tempted to check out Infowars after watching him.

Nobody is a conspiracy theorist. That's just a slur that people use to embarrass truth seekers into shutting their mouths.

Apparently if you believe everything the government tells you and that they do everything in their power to watch your back and would never put your life or health in danger if it were to benefit them, then you are normal.

If, on the other hand, you are suspicious of the government and are even justified by their numerous lies and crimes (Gulf of Tonkin, Watergate, Iran/Contra, WMDs, etc.) then you are a "conspiracy theorist nutjob"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

HensVassal wrote: »
    Nobody is a conspiracy theorist. That's just a slur that people use to embarrass truth seekers into shutting their mouths.

Apparently if you believe everything the government tells you and that they do everything in their power to watch your back and would never put your life or health in danger if it were to benefit them, then you are normal.

If, on the other hand, you are suspicious of the government and are even justified by their numerous lies and crimes (Gulf of Tonkin, Watergate, Iran/Contra, WMDs, etc.) then you are a "conspiracy theorist nutjob"

Most "conspiracy theorists" in the general sense aren't so much seeking the truth - they are seeking conspiracies or to validate a particular view of the world

In my experience people who believe in chem-trails don't necessarily go to meteorology and scientific forums - they go to conspiracy forums

The theories themselves are usually a little more fantastical than the typical daily conspiracies (doping scandals, political sleaze, corruption cases).. and are often more based on suspicion, beliefs, shared views rather than solid facts/evidence

In one sense its harmless stuff, in another it can be quite dangerous - so it's important to sort the real from the not-so-real

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Most "conspiracy theorists" in the general sense aren't so much seeking the truth - they are seeking conspiracies or to validate a particular view of the world

In my experience people who believe in chem-trails don't necessarily go to meteorology and scientific forums - they go to conspiracy forums

The theories themselves are usually a little more fantastical than the typical daily conspiracies (doping scandals, political sleaze, corruption cases).. and are often more based on suspicion, beliefs, shared views rather than solid facts/evidence

In one sense its harmless stuff, in another it can be quite dangerous - so it's important to sort the real from the not-so-real

Very good point. Personally I think that Alex is on the government payroll. He is paid to mix up what I believe are legitimate coverups (9/11) with absolute nonsense (chemtrails, juice boxes making you gay, etc.) thereby completely discrediting the real elephants in the room.

If I was say, the British government and was aware, nay complicit in collusion with Loyalist death squads and various other nefarious activities (which we know are true) and people started to get suspicious of my dirty tricks, I'd employ someone like Jones and give him a platform to vent outrage at my murderous affiliations and crimes. But I would also have him prattle on about alien abductions and Satan cults and martians and crap like that, the effect being that anyone asking questions about my collusion with loyalist paramilitaries immediately looks like a nutcase and will be easy to silence by saying they are lunatics who obviously believe in paranormal bullshit.

the main problem with him now is he broadcasts for 6 days a week for hours on end . so he needs content , loads of content , he used to broadcast he a spare room in his house . he now employs between 50 and 75 people . there is big business in this crap and when he is found out like with pizzagate he steps away from it blaming the media for inventing it to trap him when he spewed out loads of content about it and how he knew everything about it

Putting a new label on it doesn't change anything, it's just positive spin versus negative spin.

The problem with the "truth seekers" movement is that they don't want truth, they want to prove what they believe is true. Jones starts with a grain of truth and then starts freestyling a narrative that only exists inside his own head. If there were secret conspiracies going on he knows far too much about them, we have too many details, and the details are coming from people that shouldn't have that kind of information.
    If I was say, the British government and was aware, nay complicit in collusion with Loyalist death squads and various other nefarious activities (which we know are true) and people started to get suspicious of my dirty tricks, I'd employ someone like Jones and give him a platform to vent outrage at my murderous affiliations and crimes. But I would also have him prattle on about alien abductions and Satan cults and martians and crap like that, the effect being that anyone asking questions about my collusion with loyalist paramilitaries immediately looks like a nutcase and will be easy to silence by saying they are lunatics who obviously believe in paranormal bullshit.
    I guess it could happen. But it's a big investment on something that probably won't work. Alex Jones is believable to a minority and entertainment to everybody else.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    the main problem with him now is he broadcasts for 6 days a week for hours on end . so he needs content , loads of content ,
    He's getting quite artistic about it too, this has to be one of the best intros he's done.

what you don't find in Somalia or Sweden is alex jones but he's an expert on them now that he's master mr trump has talked about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Some of what he has said actually turned out to be true, not that it gives him any credibility. Bohemian grove and the trilateral commission are very real.

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    Some of what he has said actually turned out to be true, not that it gives him any credibility. Bohemian grove and the trilateral commission are very real.

yeah but bohemian grove he filmed with jon ronson and their reports of what happened were vastly different

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    That's his tactic though. He uses snippets of truth as a basis for his insane rants.

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's his tactic though. He uses snippets of truth as a basis for his insane rants.

exactly one minute you cant trust the FBI or the CIA and the next he's quoting leaked FBI and CIA documents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

peteeeed wrote: »
    exactly one minute you cant trust the FBI or the CIA and the next he's quoting leaked FBI and CIA documents

Is the point not that he doesnt trust what the CIA/FBI make public (and want you to believe) and give more credibility to the leaked documents (which are not for public consumption and are closer to the real truth)?

Is the point not that he doesnt trust what the CIA/FBI make public (and want you to believe) and give more credibility to the leaked documents (which are not for public consumption and are closer to the real truth)?

Not really , he's just the king of fake news

Hahaha this is right out there even by he standards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

His face almost blends in with thecred stripe on the flag.

it looks now that he's right wing buddy is in power , there's a massive fight going on inside his head and its going to explode

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

Jones is a clown with a big mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I just don't know what to make of him. Has anyone read a summary of the big things he got wrong over the years? I remember there being very few (y2k being one). Yes he goes on the rants but say the one about turning the frogs gay, he was citing a study and just worded it differently. There was nothing 'made up' about it iirc.

I just don't dismiss everything he says is all and he is pretty funny

• Advertisement

I just don't know what to make of him. Has anyone read a summary of the big things he got wrong over the years? I remember there being very few (y2k being one). Yes he goes on the rants but say the one about turning the frogs gay, he was citing a study and just worded it differently. There was nothing 'made up' about it iirc.

I just don't dismiss everything he says is all and he is pretty funny

Well as I've said on here already the problem is he needs 6 days worth of content so he pours out **** . He also has the ear of the president . He's a ultra right wing Christian now whereas years ago he was against the bush administration and the iraq war

Advertisement