Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one newbie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

For something like EA Access, the locale does not affect the redeeming of the code for your account - I purchased the deal from Amazon.co.uk at Christmas for 12-months Gold and EA Access for about £50. That being said the straight up EA Access price of €25 is worth it anyway.

Generally speaking:
    • If you purchase an Xbox Live code (e.g. 12-month, 3-month codes), these are region free and if you buy it on an international site, e.g. Amazon.com, Amazon.de, or Amazon.co.uk, it should work irrespective of the region of your console.
    • If you purchase a Game Download code (e.g. Forza Horizon 3) from an international site, such as Amazon.com, then it is region free and should work no matter what region your console is set to, or where you are located. EA Access seems to act like a game download code in this regard. Side note: Microsoft have left it up to publishers, if the publisher really want to region-lock their title they could, I am unaware of any titles that do this on Xbox One.
    • If you want to purchase Credit or an Xbox Gift Card, then that is more nuanced because the gift cards are in specific currencies. So, a Euro gift card bought in your local Tesco or one bought on Amazon.it will work on any Euro currency locales, GBP will only work on UK locales, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

For something like EA Access, the locale does not affect the redeeming of the code for your account - I purchased the deal from Amazon.co.uk at Christmas for 12-months Gold and EA Access for about £50. That being said the straight up EA Access price of €25 is worth it anyway.

Generally speaking:
    • If you purchase an Xbox Live code (e.g. 12-month, 3-month codes), these are region free and if you buy it on an international site, e.g. Amazon.com, Amazon.de, or Amazon.co.uk, it should work irrespective of the region of your console.
    • If you purchase a Game Download code (e.g. Forza Horizon 3) from an international site, such as Amazon.com, then it is region free and should work no matter what region your console is set to, or where you are located. EA Access seems to act like a game download code in this regard. Side note: Microsoft have left it up to publishers, if the publisher really want to region-lock their title they could, I am unaware of any titles that do this on Xbox One.
    • If you want to purchase Credit or an Xbox Gift Card, then that is more nuanced because the gift cards are in specific currencies. So, a Euro gift card bought in your local Tesco or one bought on Amazon.it will work on any Euro currency locales, GBP will only work on UK locales, etc.

Thanks for the feedback.....sorry to be dragging this out but....

- Say I want to sign up to EA access and pay the 25 euro on line. I assume because i'm in Bahrain, when I sign up, I put my country down as this (I took a look at it last night and don't see it on the list! Nearest would be UAE.)? Or do I put it as Ireland? If I have to put my country down as Bahrain, will I be able to pay for the annual subscription with my irish bank card? I know xbox live won't let me do it I think but that's not an issue as can but annual subscription in store here. I assume when you sign up and pay, they just send a code to your email address?

Advertisement