Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unnecessary warnings being handed out

Options
  • 04-02-2017 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Hello, So i never made a post here or complain in general. But i feel as though i was unfairly given a warning in the politics cafe and noticed some other posters mentioning similar issues so i thought i would raise the issue here, Last night in politic's cafe (that place we were all told to use to talk about politics in a casual light hearted manner instead of after hours need i remind anyone) I posted in a thread about enda kenny and his black eye.

Originally Posted by Lone Stone View Post
    He must have triped over a big pile of money on his walk to the money tree out his back garden and landed on his eye.

I then within minuets received a warning from the mod Stheno for being un civil
    and that

Moderator Note

We require a slightly higher standard of posting here tbh

Now if this was a topic about enda's politics or career or some sort of new policy i would say fair enough but this is clearly light hearted discussion about his black eye and my post in my eyes, is just a joke and not uncivil and not according to the pm i was sent

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

So basically i am not happy with the warning and ban happy attitude i keep seeing in politics cafe, and in particular by this mod. Politics cafe is the place we were all specifically told to talk about politics in a light hearted manner to keep it out of after hours. I do not appreciate been giving warnings over such a obviously light hearted joke.

And that is my issue thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you followed the Dispute Resolution process & discussed your card with the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Have you followed the Dispute Resolution process & discussed your card with the mod?

I had yes, i discussed it with him in a private msg's disagreeing with his warning. It went no where so i felt i should make a complaint, warnings over light hearted comments in politics cafe seem way over the top to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi LS
    can you forward me the PMs please

thanks

Thanks LS I am discussing with mod and looking at it for you

Thanks for your patience
    I am going to overturn this card as I don't believe it breaches anything or goes against the spirit of the cafe
    I'll get that going now.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Thank you blue wolf for your help very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks all for resolving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement