Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks Hints( Not Looking for them!!)

Options
  • 04-02-2017 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Just wondering . I see a lot of people asking for mock hints , is there any benefit to this and should it be avoided. Like say it was a subject I wasn't going to do anything for anyway would it be worth getting hints so I'd actually do study for it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BarrysLife

dont it is completely a waste of time, you'll more than likely go down in points from the mocks to the leaving cert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Just wondering . I see a lot of people asking for mock hints , is there any benefit to this and should it be avoided. Like say it was a subject I wasn't going to do anything for anyway would it be worth getting hints so I'd actually do study for it

The whole point of the mocks is to see where you're at before the real thing comes around. It's to highlight what areas you're struggling with and to see how well you can manage your time, etc. It's also putting you under exam-like conditions so you're better prepared for June.

If you know exactly what's coming up, well then they're kind of pointless. They're not telling you anything because they're in no way an indication of how you do in June (because you certainly won't know what'll come up for those exams).

In terms of getting hints for a subject you weren't going to do anything for, well that's kind of silly because, again, you're not going to know what's coming up in the LC for that subject so are you just not gonna study for it then either or what?

Honestly, just study away for your mocks. Put in your best effort. See what you can do and you'll instantly know what you have to do before June to do even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    The whole point of the mocks is to see where you're at before the real thing comes around. It's to highlight what areas you're struggling with and to see how well you can manage your time, etc. It's also putting you under exam-like conditions so you're better prepared for June.

If you know exactly what's coming up, well then they're kind of pointless. They're not telling you anything because they're in no way an indication of how you do in June (because you certainly won't know what'll come up for those exams).

In terms of getting hints for a subject you weren't going to do anything for, well that's kind of silly because, again, you're not going to know what's coming up in the LC for that subject so are you just not gonna study for it then either or what?

Honestly, just study away for your mocks. Put in your best effort. See what you can do and you'll instantly know what you have to do before June to do even better.

This x1000.
    I would be so much happier getting 400 points in my mocks and having an idea of what I need to do rather than getting 580 when it's a fake representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 YUAND

I find that the broad general hints are helping me do focused revision rather than being in all out panic mode but I'd agree that getting the actual questions is a waste of time like its only yourself you're cheating.

Advertisement