Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Arsenal, Feb 4th, Stamford Bridge, 1230pm (MATCH THREAD)

Comments

Same thing all the time for Arsenal. Is it a foul? Maybe, it's debatable but in those big moments against the big teams Arsenal always fail to be up for the fight and Arsenal fans are left clinging to what might have been.

Rubbish Berellin challenged for both headers in the box Alonso had loads of momentum on him and went through him nothing to do with fight on the challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Essien wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that he took a slap, but if we're calling those fouls we might as well just ban players for being taller or jumping higher. There wasn't a shred of malice in it.

Recklessness is also supposed to be punished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Essien wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that he took a slap, but if we're calling those fouls we might as well just ban players for being taller or jumping higher. There wasn't a shred of malice in it.

No one said there was malice. But its a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Dreadful from Costa, how greedy is that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Costa should have put Pedro in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Should be 2, stupid from costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Arsenal are so amateurish in how they're defending the obvious threat of the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He's a fraud fam.
    You hear me blood.

Arsenal TV is going to be great if they lose this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

SlickRic wrote: »
    Arsenal are so amateurish in how they're defending the obvious threat of the counter.

They look rubbish, they don't have the stomach for a scrap with Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

A player leading with his elbow is a foul. That happens anywhere outside either box and its a free. Perhaps the ref didn't see the elbow or bottled the decision in favour of the home team. But that is clearly a free. Not a Chelsea fan or an Arsenal fan so no biased view here. Think there are a few blue tinted glasses being worn today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

enzo roco wrote: »
    Maybe??? it is a foul...
    Agreed with the rest of the post. 3 points for chelsea today

With Arsenal it's always a foul, always a mistake, always the fault of one of the designated scapegoats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Twas never a foul, player jumps and wins it, arms are used to jump.

Gary Neville hates Arsenal by the sounds of him today, he's tearing them anew arsehole in commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who'd ever have thought Victor Moses would be an integral part of what's probably a championship-winning team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Haven't seen the goal so won't comment on it. But given the points arsenal have robbed from bad decisions even if it was a foul what goes around comes around. Burnley x2 comes to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

With Arsenal it's always a foul, always a mistake, always the fault of one of the designated scapegoats.

Most of the people here, including me, commenting aren't Arsenal fans from what I see. If you can't acknowledge that is a foul, good luck to you.

You are the one whinging everytime anyone touches a precious Barcelona player when things aren't going their way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Should have scored there Arsenal

Whole goal to aim for and gabriel heads it straight to courtois, big chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Good man, T Bo.

Who'd ever have thought Victor Moses would be an integral part of what's probably a championship-winning team?

Fair play to Conte. Genious man management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Brutal header.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Great save. Should've been the equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Most of the people here, including me, commenting aren't Arsenal fans from what I see. If you can't acknowledge that is a foul, good luck to you.

You are the one whinging everytime anyone touches a precious Barcelona player when things aren't going their way.

That's the most successful club in the 21st century, the other is Arsenal. One is up for the fight, the other it's been proven over and over again isn't.

He boiled my blood when he was at Liverpool, useless and didn't I've a sh!te. Guess wingback suits him, not good enough to be an out and out winger so conte made a compromise.

That's the most successful club in the 21st century, the other is Arsenal. One is up for the fight, the other it's been proven over and over again isn't.

What has that to do with anything????????? You are using an example of a clear foul to take a dig at Arsenal for not being up for a fight and giving out about fouls. Yet if you give out about a tug of a jersey on Suarez/Messi/Neymar it is fair game because they are better players......

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Walcott is just a passenger, lash Giroud on. Pose no threat going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Walcott really has never progressed as a player. He still looks like that promising youngster he was in his first year at the Emirates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Agreed. But regardless, you can't go round elbowing people in the face. Agreed?

No, just that incident. It was a foul.
    I dont care about arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The more I see it it's clear that he didn't even need the elbow up there. His height and momentum had the better of Bellerin. The elbow was only up for protection. Absolute foul any day of the week.

Feck it, Arsenal have to push now, makes it interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Real waste of a good chance that, poor effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ozil is playing!!!! :0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Bit of a dive there Eden, knew he was caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

blueser wrote: »
    Clearly a foul.

Ball is being won first as far as I can see worthy of discussion certainly hardly a disgrace as tweet suggests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Very good first half from us but a second is needed as Arsenal look dangerous enough at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Get Welbeck on up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

What has that to do with anything????????? You are using an example of a clear foul to take a dig at Arsenal for not being up for a fight and giving out about fouls. Yet if you give out about a tug of a jersey on Suarez/Messi/Neymar it is fair game because they are better players......

Why do you waste your time?

Agreed. But regardless, you can't go round elbowing people in the face. Agreed?

Should he jump higher? Is Alonso's jump natural? I'd say yes to both. Is it a foul? Maybe. I'm not saying it isn't, I'm not saying it is, what I am saying is that every season these things happen to Arsenal and they never develop a stomach for the fight and instead retreat back into this "woe is me" mindset. Chelsea don't and that's why they win what they win.

Both are teams with a preference for smaller, technical players. Both clubs try to keep possession. Both clubs endure their fair share of fouls but only one of those clubs actually stand up to it. Not sure why you mentioned Barcelona in the first place, Chelsea are the perfect example of being the polar opposites of Arsenal. There's fight and character in that Chelsea team that's been lacking at Arsenal for over a decade.

• Advertisement

Ball is being won first as far as I can see worthy of discussion certainly hardly a disgrace as tweet suggests.
    I've got that tweet open in another tab at the moment. He wins the ball a fraction of a second after the elbow. Watch it again if you don't believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Should he jump higher? Is Alonso's jump natural? I'd say yes to both. Is it a foul? Maybe. I'm not saying it isn't, I'm not saying it is, what I am saying is that every season these things happen to Arsenal and they never develop a stomach for the fight and instead retreat back into this "woe is me" mindset. Chelsea don't and that's why they win what they win.

Cool, but that's a different discussion. And we agree so no point in discussing.

I was just saying it was a foul. Because of the elbow connecting with the face. You don't have an opinion on the incident so nothing to discuss.

Enjoying the game so far. Hopefully some more twists and turns in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Nervy from both teams. There's definitely a goal in this game for Arsenal, so I think Chelsea need to get a second. No use sitting back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

An early goal from Chelsea second half should kill this game off.

. Is it a foul? Maybe. I'm not saying it isn't, I'm not saying it is, .

What would you say if the same happened to baracelona later on???
    Youd probably just complain about the refs, like always

How many fouls against Moses now?

• Advertisement

Chelsea look like they are playing with an extra man.

What a fcuking goal

how did he get that far, nice goal though

Game over.

Should make the second half more comfortable now and turn on the style

• Advertisement
Advertisement