Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Vision Box out ofvsync

Options
  • 04-02-2017 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi.

Our Eirvision + box is constantly out of sync with picture to sound. Is there a menu I can't find where I can adjust the audio delay or any other way to sync the picture and sound.

Any help gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

ra0044 wrote: »
    Hi.

Our Eirvision + box is constantly out of sync with picture to sound.  Is there a menu I can't find where I can adjust the audio delay or any other way to sync the picture and sound.

ra0044, How is your eirvision box connected to your modem, is it wired via ethernet or via  a homeplug. It may be something on your electrical circuit causing interference if it is via homeplugs. Simple test if it is  - take a speedtest via a wired connection to a laptop from the homeplug beside the modem and  then repeat the test with a wired connection into the homeplug in the room with the eirvision box. This should show you the speed coming in to your eirvision box. If the re is a noticable variation then you may need an Ethernet connection from modem to TV box. You could also try replacing the Ethernet cables in case one of them is causing the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

50 quid they tell you to turn it off and on again

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭ra0044

BoycieIRL wrote: »
    ra0044, How is your eirvision box connected to your modem, is it wired via ethernet or via  a homeplug. It may be something on your electrical circuit causing interference if it is via homeplugs. Simple test if it is  - take a speedtest via a wired connection to a laptop from the homeplug beside the modem and  then repeat the test with a wired connection into the homeplug in the room with the eirvision box. This should show you the speed coming in to your eirvision box. If the re is a noticable variation then you may need an Ethernet connection from modem to TV box. You could also try replacing the Ethernet cables in case one of them is causing the issue.

Hi.

It is connected via home plugs supplied by eir. There is a 5 mb difference from modem to home plug but the TV is nowhere near enough to plug it straight in to the modem.

Surely picture and sound are streamed together ? Picture quality is fine. We have another eir box in another room that is further away again from the modem but it isn't a recorder box. This one is in sync.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi.

Our Eirvision + box is constantly out of sync with picture to sound.  Is there a menu I can't find where I can adjust the audio delay or any other way to sync the picture and sound.

Hi  ra0044,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. I would recommend contacting the technical team & they will be able to troubleshoot this with you. You can contact them on 1890260260, freephone 1901 option 2 or via the web chat here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

BoycieIRL wrote: »

Hi.

It is connected via home plugs supplied by eir. There is a 5 mb difference from modem to home plug but the TV is nowhere near enough to plug it straight in to the modem.

Surely picture and sound are streamed together ? Picture quality is fine. We have another eir box in another room that is further away again from the modem but it isn't a recorder box. This one is in sync.!
    ra0044
    Just to be clear - your modem is in one room (Is it a F2000 or F1000 modem). The main TV box(STB)  is in another room and you have a multi-room box(PVR) in a room which is even further away from the modem.
    Can you swap the 2 boxes around  - put the STB down in the room where the PVR is today and the PVR in the room where the STB is loacted. If the issue remains in the original room with the new box connected up then look to swap out the Ethernet cable or look for an issue in the electical circuit from the modem room to the original STB room or swap around your homeplugs. If the issue follows the STB down to the new room and the PVR works fine in the new location then the box should be reset or replaced.
    Hope this helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement