Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Image

Options
  • 04-02-2017 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Quick one parents have a cheap 4 camera system probably 7-8years old at this stage.

On the image overview there looks to be a wave like interference on all the images.

Any idea what it could be thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And is that still there if you view each single camera on a full screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Yes stays there parents only noticed it when I showed them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And if you disconnect the camera inputs is it still there.

Not at the parents house at the moment i disconnected one input earlier and when i did the screen went black but was perfect no image distortion on that input but remained on the 3 remaining inputs

The set up is four cameras all connected via bnc and power cables ran and connected in junction boxes outside.

Whoever they got to install the system it just split the 12v via a 6way splitter at the back of the dvr, there is no rating on the transformer no markings at all.

i think the cameras used only use 500ma when the infra red is activated

Thanks again for the replies koolkid:)

Sounds like it may be from the cameras themselves. Are they all on the one power supply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

More than likely it's the power supply failing.

All on the one power supply will replace that and see how I get on.

Thanks for the replies appreciate it

Advertisement