Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks opening in Cashel

Options
  • 04-02-2017 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

Advertising for staff. I believe they are opening in the Tesco shopping centre.

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1594873

Surprised Cashel is getting a Starbucks before the bigger towns of Clonmel, Thurles or Nenagh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

great to hear they are advertising for people to work there.
    Although, one small thing to mention.
    It has not been even converted into a store yet.
    Its still an empty shell, that is supposed to be converting two shop units into one for Starbucks.
    The signs "Starbucks coming soon" have been up in the shopping centre since September last year.
    Fingers crossed it will open soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Paddico

ongarboy wrote: »
    Advertising for staff. I believe they are opening in the Tesco shopping centre.

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1594873

Surprised Cashel is getting a Starbucks before the bigger towns of Clonmel, Thurles or Nenagh.
    Fock that anyway. people seem to be mad for these chains but I'm not and certainly not Starbucks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,563 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paddico wrote: »
    Fock that anyway. people seem to be mad for these chains but I'm not and certainly not Starbucks

I'm not mad about them either, killing the common-man coffee shop/café.

Is the café upstairs in that shopping centre still going? Haven't been there in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

That shopping centre in Cashel is completely dead. It desperately needs any sort of coffee place. I was working there last year for a day and there was not one place to get a coffee. Had to drive into town. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lazybear

As I walked in the Cashel shopping centre today I was met by the unmistakable coffee aroma of fresh brewed espresso. Then as I passed the newly fitted out Starbucks store, which is yet to open, two trendy young things walked out of the store. I could see all the lights on in a fully fitted cafe. So it appears that Starbucks are training up there store staff/barisita's, about time too.

To the decanters who says Cashel has enough cafe's where the hell are the good coffee outlets. I've tried them all and I'm sad to say most of the coffe sold in the locally owned business' stinks! Except for the the new Costa and Frank & Honest self serve machines in Supervalue and Centra stores Cashel's local traiders have only themselves to blame for the multiples moving in.

I for one will be glad to finally have somewhere to go get a great coffee and be able to read my book in comfortable surroundings without being given the evil eye because I've dared to sit for 15 mins with a coffee in a bloody uncomfortable chairs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

There is also a new coffee shop opened just last week at the old Cantwells pub, its called Bowes Coffee shop.
    Its nice décor, was there last week, but service was not the best. Will be back again however, as the place needs a while to finds its "Feet" so to speak.

Looking forward to Starbucks opening soon, I notice the sign has been put up, but still covered over. Heard it opening this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Paddico

PacMan wrote: »
    There is also a new coffee shop opened just last week at the old Cantwells pub, its called Bowes Coffee shop.
    Its nice décor, was there last week, but service was not the best.  Will be back again however,  as the place needs a while to finds its "Feet" so to speak.

Looking forward to Starbucks opening soon, I notice the sign has been put up, but still covered over. Heard it opening this week :)
    Not a fan of the Starbucks chain at all.
    Would much prefer to support Bowes than that shower

Advertisement