Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error message uploading P35L to ROS

• 04-02-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Has anyone seen this ROS error before?

" XML document structures must start and end within the same entity. (Line: 1)"

Previous years' uploads using the same payroll software (Micropay) have been fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Has anyone seen this ROS error before?

" XML document structures must start and end within the same entity. (Line: 1)"

Previous years' uploads using the same payroll software (Micropay) have been fine.

I'm not doing anything payroll related this year but every year revenue change the rules slightly in terms of uploading the p35. Every January or February most payroll software providers have an update which fixes the latest issues.

Try checking if you have the latest update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Thanks, I'll check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm getting same problem here this year
    running latest version

did you manage to solve issue?

on hold to sage is a pita

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Don2015

Did anyone get a reply to this - was on to Sage and they blamed revenue - was on to revenue and they blame Sage????
    Any help would be great

My problem last year was a Sage issue. I can’t remember exactly, sorry. This year I had a different problem uploading, but it was a Revenue issue to do with special characters in the P35 file - this was meant to be updated last night.

• Advertisement

Don2015 wrote: »
    Did anyone get a reply to this - was on to Sage and they blamed revenue - was on to revenue and they blame Sage????
    Any help would be great

so i had tried a few times, no joy. recreated the file a few times, still no joy. however when i recreated the file, i always overwrote the original one i had created.
    the original file one did have a problem if i recall. one hell of stupid problem mind you as I had a fada on someones name or address and it told me that it was invalid. We are in bloody ireland for gods sake and some people actually use Irish... even the Revenue... but they don't like fadas!

i found if i did it again and saved the p35 to a seperate location it then worked!!!

weird one, but hey computers can be very weird!

Great thanks for that

Don2015 wrote: »
    Great thanks for that

did it work for you?

Yeah when I moved the file to different location it worked.
    Then had a problem on another one and when I moved it, it didn't work and then after a few moves it did.
    Bizarre really!!

Seve OB wrote: »
    so i had tried a few times, no joy. recreated the file a few times, still no joy. however when i recreated the file, i always overwrote the original one i had created.
    the original file one did have a problem if i recall. one hell of stupid problem mind you as I had a fada on someones name or address and it told me that it was invalid. We are in bloody ireland for gods sake and some people actually use Irish... even the Revenue... but they don't like fadas!

i found if i did it again and saved the p35 to a seperate location it then worked!!!

weird one, but hey computers can be very weird!

Yes! Now that you say it, that's what I had to do last year. I saved it to my desktop instead of another folder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ey

Hi All,

Try below fix for " XML document structures must start and end within the same entity. (Line: 1)"

> Open the P35 file in notepad
    > Scroll to the bottom of the file and check if it as the following code (</ns4:P35LFile>)

If you don't see the above code copy/paste the code(without brackets) on the end of your code without leaving any space.

FIX2: When you generate the P35 files from MicroPay change the location where you save the file before uploading on ROS.

Thanks

Advertisement