Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary

Options
  • 04-02-2017 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Okay so basically I adore animals. I also really would like to help stray dogs etc I also want to work and have a career with animals but I don't know do I just want to be a vet because I feel sorry for stray dogs! I really need some advice would veterinary be the wrong option I am plannning on studying in Sofia in Bulgaria which has 10000strays I don't no how I would cope with seeing them I would probably break ! Indeed advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Have you done any volunteering? I think it's great to help strays but you don't have to be a vet to help them. It's very expensive to become a vet and you may find the reality of doing charity veterinary work very financially unrewarding in a few years. What other types of veterinary work interest you? When you are training you will have to treat horses, farm animals etc. How do you feel about that?

Advertisement