Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council house- how soon to getting keys?

Options
  • 04-02-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello
    We have been offered a council house.
    Finally after a very long time.
    We sent away the documents on friday accepting the offer so they will be received on monday in the office.
    Just wondering how long will i have to wait before getting the keys and signing the contract?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

A couple of days if the place is ready for you to move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 akally

goz83 wrote: »
    A couple of days if the place is ready for you to move in.

Thank you
    It seems to be in turn key condition as it is.
    Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

The councils in Dublin move pretty quickly in my experience, but be aware that as soon as you have the keys you have to start paying rent, which may mean a crossover in your current property.

The councils in Dublin move pretty quickly in my experience, but be aware that as soon as you have the keys you have to start paying rent, which may mean a crossover in your current property.

Thanks for the info, i have money away to cover the rent for feb thank God.
    Phew
    Fingers crossed they move just as fast down here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

We got the offer on the Monday, accepted it and had the keys on the Thursday.

First week's rent was free.

What council is it OP?

• Advertisement

KC161 wrote: »
    We got the offer on the Monday, accepted it and had the keys on the Thursday.

First week's rent was free.

What council is it OP?

Jesus thats brilliant! I can only wish that happens as fast for me, we're in county limerick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

akally wrote: »
    Jesus thats brilliant! I can only wish that happens as fast for me, we're in county limerick :)

Yeah we were delighted after 9 years of waiting. I'm in Cork city so I'm unsure do Limerick operate the same way.

Either way your wait is now over, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Congrats. May it be a happy house for ye

Advertisement