Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone poles put up without permission

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What is your legal basis for suggesting the OP can simply cut down the pole?
    They did not have his permission to put the pole there.

As for flight paths, for the most part you own the air 500 feet up from your house. The planes generally fly higher than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

They may not have had permission to put the pole there but now that its there you may not have permission to willy nilly cut it down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

ger664 wrote: »
    They may not have had permission to put the pole there but now that its there you may not have permission to willy nilly cut it down.

It's not their property any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'd have a look around on the Talk to: Eir forum and the Broadband forum. There's been somewhat related discussions on wayleaves and property issues, and sometimes info on what happens in the end. Posts from people who work in the industry or from experienced posters etc.

Going by the responses here in this thread, you might find far better info in the two fora mentioned above...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

the_syco wrote: »
    They did not have his permission to put the pole there.

As for flight paths, for the most part you own the air 500 feet up from your house. The planes generally fly higher than this.

The common law position AFAIK is Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos but I'm delighted to be enlightened. Where dies the 500ft come it?

Edit NM found it on Wikipedia in US Law, any Irish authority though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

nhunter100 wrote: »
    A utility company cannot put a pole on private property without permission. Nothing got to with stupidity just a fact my friend.

The stupidity is threatening to "cut it down" and having an arrogant and ignorant attitude.

An attitude like that never ever resolves an issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

As it is my belief that the OP has gotten the best advice he/she is going to get- and in the interests of ensuring this thread doesn't descend into an unmitigated mess- I'm now closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement