Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offensive/Attacking Usernames

Options
  • 05-02-2017 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭

Quick question here but is there a mechanism for reporting users with offensive usernames, I noticed one of my posts was thanked by a poster who's username directly attacked another poster, its gone now anyway as I presume it was one of the re-regs but as far as I can see there isn't a way of doing it particularly if they haven't posted anything.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's no explicit mechanism AFAIK, but you can use Report Post or Report Signature and add a comment. The latter is probably best, as it's seen directly by Admins.

Alternatively, send a PM to one of the Admins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Ok thanks as there was no posts the account I wasn't sure what to do. It's gone now anyway but was just wondering if there was an option on the user page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'd imagine most of them get banned fairly quickly for being re-regs anyway. Someone has done it with my username and real name a couple of times, and each time, the account had been banned almost immediately.

Admin seem fairly on the ball with it anyway, but I'd probably pm an admin if using the touch site, cause I can't see sigs on touch. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

Jesus Christ...

When will this constant state of offense just fcuk off and die?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Gavinz wrote: »
    Jesus Christ...

When will this constant state of offense just fcuk off and die?

I'm pretty sure the username mentioned in the OP was something like '[Specific Username] has HIV' - so Gavinz has HIV, for example.

Troll account created by troll. No problem with them being reported and deleted.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the username mentioned in the OP was something like '[Specific Username] has HIV' - so Gavinz has HIV, for example.

Troll account created by troll. No problem with them being reported and deleted.

Tbh, I wouldn't particularly care.

It's text on an old school message board. Big deal.

Oh no, my online name has HIV!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Having - when something is done with malicious intent, we will take action. You may personally not be offended, but many others could be.

dudara wrote: »
    Having - when something is done with malicious intent, we will take action. You may personally not be offended, but many others could be.

OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Reporting their sig is the only thing you can do because sometimes they have no posts with their account.

You seem to be getting awfully worked up about this all the same.
    Maybe you should take your own advice and stop caring.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Reporting their sig is the only thing you can do because sometimes they have no posts with their account.
    Think you need a post to report the sig. Better off simply PM'ing an Admin if you feel something like that needs attention when there are no posts to report

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

But clearly you do care, the fact you're posting in this thread shows a level of caring.

Not posting in this thread would equal a zero level of caring.

If you don't care then don't bother reading/posting in this thread, otherwise you sort of look foolish.

Advertisement