Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester vs Manchester United Sun 5th Feb 16:00

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

No dustin meme's? Thread fail.

Lol utd away fans are legends
    "Cheerio cheerio cheerio! Going down going down going down!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

We've been **** since the 3rd. Foot of the gas scenario

We've been grand. 3-0 up away from home. A lot of games to come this month. No need for the players to run themselves into the ground. They're perfectly in control of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Ronin247 wrote: »
    United bringing on Fellani..... Long ball team. Pathetic

Kloppenpassen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

No Martial but Young gets a run out.

Not looking good for Martial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ashley fcuking Young. Martial is a gonner

It always amazed me the amount of professional footballers who lean back on shots like that. Has it not been beaten into them since they were 5yr olds to get over the ball. Very frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol young and Jose clapping in time to the chant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Just knew that was going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gary, De Gea tried to prevent the corner.

Bailly getting the job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Haha....Bailly is great crack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Sand wrote: »
    We've been grand. 3-0 up away from home. A lot of games to come this month. No need for the players to run themselves into the ground. They're perfectly in control of the game.

Bring in some fresh legs and give the lads a break. Martial at 3-0 could have free reign put out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Rossi IRL wrote: »

Just knew that was going to happen.
    Yup. It's a very deliberate 'fcuk you' to Martial.

Hate Vardy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

This ref has been a nonsense all game.

time wasting? defuq. we're 3-0 up in complete control. Ref's a clown.

No it's not
    The defence of martial is ridiculous tbh

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No it's not

Fairly tiring all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It was a fluke because there were a huge combination of circumstances that allowed them to win, poor quality league,no injuries, other teams playing in europe, they seemed to get a lot of refereeing decisions last season as well.

I said they deserved to in and they did but it still doesn't mean there wasn't a lot of luck involved.

I think lucky is unfair though.

Almost every team that wins a league has something you can point to and say "oh if that didn't happen or if this other side hadn't bottled it they would't have won".

Leicester won through the excellent work done to get the likes of Kante and Marhez to the club and also through playing to their strengths with the likes of Vardy.

It's not their fault Spurs and Arsenal couldn't handle a title challenge.

• Advertisement

Good win, good weekend for United.

meh shoulda went for a few more

3 nil away. Can't really complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I think lucky is unfair though.

Almost every team that wins a league has something you can point to and say "oh if that didn't happen or if this other side hadn't bottled it they would't have won".

Leicester won through the excellent work done to get the likes of Kante and Marhez to the club and also through playing to their strengths with the likes of Vardy.

It's not their fault Spurs and Arsenal couldn't handle a title challenge.

Luck is probably the wrong word for it. Of the last 5 seasons for LCFC, the PL winning season is the extremely weird one. For each of the other seasons, the normal for them is struggling to get into the PL, and struggling to avoid relegation from it.

This LCFC season is not unusual, this is their level.

United v Watford is on Sky next Saturday at 3pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

No it's not
    Where did I defend him? If you think that wasn't sending a message then you're fooling yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Notably quiet in here today for whatever reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

How the **** can you be lucky to win a league campaign?

Yes it was an anomaly but it wasn't lucky or a fluke. They fully deserved it.

I'd say it's impossible to "fluke" the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Sand wrote: »
    Luck is probably the wrong word for it. Of the last 5 seasons for LCFC, the PL winning season is the extremely weird one. For each of the other seasons, the normal for them is struggling to get into the PL, and struggling to avoid relegation from it.

This LCFC season is not unusual, this is their level.

It's a very easy answer but not replacing Kante is their biggest problem. As soon as Mhkitaryan went central today they didn't pick him up. Last season Kante would have been all over that space but this season its very easy to pick apart their center backs from the 10 role.

I know there isn't too many Kantes hanging about but they really should have either looked more for a better quality replacement or changed tactics for this season to compensate for the loss of him.

Time to go full on positive
    6-0 win for Utd with 6 chances converted and 6 shots on target
    We like 6

If you multiply 3 x 2 its 6 apparently
    Close enough

• Advertisement

Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-744590.jpg
    A reminder that Utd signed this lad
    For me one of the most exciting signings since RVP

A reminder that Utd signed this lad
    For me one of the most exciting signings since RVP

Such a nice chap to boot.

We must have the soundest team in the PL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

adox wrote: »
    How the **** can you be lucky to win a league campaign?

Yes it was an anomaly but it wasn't lucky or a fluke. They fully deserved it.

I'd say it's impossible to "fluke" the league.

I wouldn't say it is impossible to fluke a league win.In pretty much every other league season in the history of the premier league Leicester wouldn't have won it their level of performance would probably have got them in the top 4 but not winning it.The standard was extremely poor last season at the top of the table.

Loads of circumstances worked in their favour, almost no injuries,not in europe, teams competing with them being in europe,I thought they got the benefit of referees decisions often enough and the timing of their fixtures was helpful because generally they played on saturdays when Spurs were playing a lot in sundays which means they played with less pressure on them.

Also what was very fortunate is that every one of their players had the greatest season of their lives all at the one time, that wasn't planned it just happened, they've all reverted back to their true form this season.

For example Wes Morgan was brilliant last season but in all honesty he's been a fairly poor player for most of his career, Vardy scores over 20 goals when he's never done that at any proper level before having only scored 5 or 6 the previous season and he's reverted back to his true self this year.Danny Simpson was excellent last season when again he's been a poor enough player at premier league level for his whole career etc.

What's happened this season is pretty much what I thought would happen so I'm not surprised by them struggling this season.

I wouldn't say it is impossible to fluke a league win.In pretty much every other league season in the history of the premier league Leicester wouldn't have won it their level of performance would probably have got them in the top 4 but not winning it.The standard was extremely poor last season at the top of the table.

Loads of circumstances worked in their favour, almost no injuries,not in europe, teams competing with them being in europe,I thought they got the benefit of referees decisions often enough and the timing of their fixtures was helpful because generally they played on saturdays when Spurs were playing a lot in sundays which means they played with less pressure on them.

Also what was very fortunate is that every one of their players had the greatest season of their lives all at the one time, that wasn't planned it just happened, they've all reverted back to their true form this season.

For example Wes Morgan was brilliant last season but in all honesty he's been a fairly poor player for most of his career, Vardy scores over 20 goals when he's never done that at any proper level before having only scored 5 or 6 the previous season and he's reverted back to his true self this year.Danny Simpson was excellent last season when again he's been a poor enough player at premier league level for his whole career etc.

What's happened this season is pretty much what I thought would happen so I'm not surprised by them struggling this season.

But it's not a fluke. It's an anomaly alright. Using the word fluke is totally disingenuous.

I wouldn't say it is impossible to fluke a league win.

Stop beating the drum. You cant fluke 38 games. Leicester is not responsible for the performances of united/chelsea/arsenal/spurs etc

They lost 3 games from 38. That's no fluke. They were the best team last year and deserved to win the league.

They're shiote this year and deserve to be where they're.

Cringe interviews from Sky for both Schmeichel and Raneri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

limnam wrote: »
    Stop beating the drum. You cant fluke 38 games. Leicester is not responsible for the performances of united/chelsea/arsenal/spurs etc

They lost 3 games from 38. That's no fluke. They were the best team last year and deserved to win the league.

They're shiote this year and deserve to be where they're.

You can win by circumstances being in your favour and getting luck in any sport in any competition.

You can win by circumstances being in your favour and getting luck in any sport in any competition.

That statement is as true as it is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

To say it was a fluke is inferring that it was luck and not skill that won Leicester the league and this just isn't the case.

Having the "stars align" for you in sport isn't quite the same as a fluke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Notably quiet in here today for whatever reason...

Dare to post???

jayo26 wrote: »
    Dare to post???

hang on whats this dare thing about I feel like Im missing sommething

Dare to Dustin??

Am I doing it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Honestly lads, there is such a postmortem going on in the LFC thread about our form that even if Utd had dropped points today, I really doubt there'd be that much gloating in here if at all... what would be the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Honestly lads, there is such a postmortem going on in the LFC thread about our form that even if Utd had dropped points today, I really doubt there'd be that much gloating in here if at all... what would be the point?

Prob not much point but do we need one to rub it into each other? Never miss a chance it's all a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

jayo26 wrote: »
    Prob not much point but do we need one to rub it into each other? Never miss a chance it's all a bit of fun.

Sure, I accept that. Screw you guys :D

fyfe79 wrote: »

Same reason your loss yesterday went without too much gloating from our side. Hard to slag too much after three draws in a row.

• Advertisement
Advertisement