Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overpaid by employer

Options
  • 05-02-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In the month December I got paid for hours I didn work for.. I had a family emergency on the 21 that had to leave work I notified them I wasn't goin to be around but they stil over paid me by 38 hours wen I returned in January they said nuin to abt the over payment and they took the 38 hours outa my January pay without tellin me.. When I confronted them abt y not tell mi so we cn settle it in a different way they ignored and I was left broke for the whole month can any help mi were the labour law suit in this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Just to be clear - you told your employer on 21st December that you would be unable to work for the next few days (38 hours) and you still got paid in December for that 38 hours? I would imagine that is because they had run the payroll early for December and could not alter your hours worked for that month.
    So in December you got paid for 38 hours you did not work.
    And then in January they took the 38 hours pay out of your January salary.

How can you be broke? Did you spend the extra 38 hours salary assuming that they would not look for it back? Did it not occur to you to put it to one side and use it for the unpaid time in January?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OP i trust you didn't use your own name as a username & then come onto a public forum to criticise your employer. This is not the correct place to start this discussion, look up either the legal discussion forum or the work & jobs forum. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement