Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferry's Refuse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Letterkennys version of the Sopranos?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Firblog wrote: »
    Seems Wers are running an unlicensed waste facility in Galway
    Keep up at the rear please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So much has happened here since I just asked a question 7 months ago. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So much has happened here since I just asked a question 7 months ago. :)
    Some would say that it was rubbish posting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And here I thought we were just talkng trash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 cushte

heard on highland radio a fire has broken out at a waste facility in rossbracken area. fire under control. warning to houses in manorcunningham area to keep windows and doors closed.

Aye, just heard that. Again it's not surprising.

What gauls me is the number of people who continue to support this man by paying to have their waste lifted weekly / fortnightly knowing that he has been convicted of illegally dumping some of that waste and not paying the fees to dispose of it in a legal manner like other waste collectors have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Why the hell is he being allowed to continue? Take away his license and put the lorries off the road.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Incidentally, I spotted a Wers bin lorry in Donegal Town today.

byte wrote: »
    Incidentally, I spotted a Wers bin lorry in Donegal Town today.
    A friend was telling me that a guy called at her house with a van which had Ferrys on one side and Wers on the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Why the hell is he being allowed to continue? Take away his license and put the lorries off the road.

They have taken away his licence but apparently Wers (a company from Galway) have taken over the running of the business, i however seriously doubt that they have sole ownership and control the finances of the company.

I think it's time the people start looking elsewhere for their bin collection service and stop lining this mans pockets because the fees are certainly not being used to properly dispose of the waste, that's an absolute certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I think it's time the people start looking elsewhere for their bin collection service and stop lining this mans pockets because the fees are certainly not being used to properly dispose of the waste, that's an absolute certainty.

no one else comes up our road !

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

We were the same, then we spoke to some neighbors and now DM waste do come up our road despite going nowhere near us beforehand. Now there is no Ferrys Weir bins out up my road anymore.

A small victory for me! :D

I would be fairly confident that one of the other waste collectors would arrange the bin collections if you are changing over to them. Give them a call and let us know how you got on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

He's barricading the access road and <mod snip>. Unless you want Gardai out arresting the drivers its hard to stop people who completely ignore the law.

Threaten to fine the customers, that'll shut it down.

Mod note: Please dont post allegations or any material which could be considered slanderous. If he's convicted in a court of law then by all means mention it but until that happens I cant allow such comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I was in the same boat, rang DM waste and they pick up my bin (which incidentally is a Ferry's bin) so long as it has DM waste labels on it. I was the only one on my road among approx. 30 houses that used DM waste for about 3 months but people have obviously seen them coming up the road and are now using them too.

If they collect anywhere near you then they will come off their normal route to collect your bins...long as you ring them and ask first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

DM were around the houses on my road this week asking people to express their interest in having them collect should they decide to extend the route down our road. I really hope they do.

I see young Ferry was subject of a further court order a couple of weeks ago and apparently he has, more recently, emailed local councillors complaining about one of his rivals who hasnt been named but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work it out ;)

The council have hired a private contractor to remove the waste from the Rossbracken site

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

muffler wrote: »
    The council have hired a private contractor to remove the waste from the Rossbracken site

At their own cost or his?

• Advertisement

At their own cost or his?

See the link in the post below
    I see young Ferry was subject of a further court order a couple of weeks ago

I see our Jim is being investigated by the criminal assets bureau. He has also taken to Facebook it seems and now it appears that (according to himself) its all the Council's fault. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I see our Jim is being investigated by the criminal assets bureau. He has also taken to Facebook it seems and now it appears that (according to himself) its all the Council's fault. :D

He was also on Facebook accusing his competitors of being the NW's major drug distributors. I have a friend who's a Fireman in Letterkenny and the lengths someone had gone to too restrict access to the site were worthy of the WW1 trenches.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

He does make a good point about the lack of competition in the waste collection business in Donegal, with Ferry's out of the way the rest will have their own areas with little to no competition. I'm in no way defending him just thought that was an interesting point

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

cosanostra wrote: »
    He does make a good point about the lack of competition in the waste collection business in Donegal, with Ferry's out of the way the rest will have their own areas with little to no competition. I'm in no way defending him just thought that was an interesting point

Ferrys have been replaced by Wers have they not? Leaving absolutely no change in competition from before.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

In Donegal Town anyway, there's Donegal Waste, Greenstar and Wers.

Donegal Waste would appear to be the most popular service, though I think that's always been the case since privatisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Why is there no scrutiny over the fact that he hasn't been arrested already? The gardai reasoning in the article above that he's 'using the border to his advantage' is a pathetic excuse for inaction and indifference on their part. Essentially saying that people can break whatever laws they want as long as they live near the border

The bauld Jim has decided to give himself up after 9 months on the run. According to his counsel he has only realised the seriousness of the situation in the last week :eek:

There are so many things wrong with the law in this country but when you see a man walk free again without purging his contempt how are we supposed to have any confidence in the court system. The court hearing had all the hallmarks of a pre-arranged agreement. And what about this comment from the judge (if the article is factual)..... "The judge, who noted that a uniformed member of the Garda Siochána was in court, said he would adjourn the case until June 12th, when a garda would be in court again". Are we to understand that there wont be another uniformed Garda available again until that date or that the court sits only when unformed Gardai are available? The whole thing is shambolic and pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The bauld Jim has decided to give himself up after 9 months on the run. According to his counsel he has only realised the seriousness of the situation in the last week :eek:

A Pauline conversion, no doubt:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Mr Treanor said that Mr Ferry accepted that what he had done, by absconding, was “silly”

The little rascal

Advertisement